Is this shock loss??

Hi folks,

I'm 12 days post op and had my sutures out yesterday.My scar is healing well,{looks like under 3mm}.However,I did notice two small areas

above and below the scar,where it appears "clumps of natural hair" have fallen out.Is this the "shock loss"I've read about?

Does it grow back in short time? I'm not panicking....yet

Hi folks,

I'm 12 days post op and had my sutures out yesterday.My scar is healing well,{looks like under 3mm}.However,I did notice two small areas

above and below the scar,where it appears "clumps of natural hair" have fallen out.Is this the "shock loss"I've read about?

Does it grow back in short time? I'm not panicking....yet

It sounds like shock loss, keep an eye on it and if more falls out, call your doctor.

Shock loss does grow back if the hair was not in it's final growth stage which being in the donor area probably was not-so it will grow back. It is the tramua from the scalp as well as the staples that caused this and is normal for a majority of HT patients, some more than others. I personally have experienced it in both donor and receptient areas.

heavy kevie,

I'm 2.5 weeks after surgery, and I can see shock loss in the receptient area, not a lot but it shows up in the sink after I dry my hair. Search the site, but it is normal, just think in a couple of months this will be over, and the "new you" will begin to sprout- Bonzo

Heavy K,

I would not coincide with the opinion that shockloss in the donor region is normal for a majority of HT patients, quite the contrary. In fact it is more the exception however it definitely sounds like it happened to you in that area. I never had any shockloss in my donor area in any of my procedures, recipient area, yes of course.

Hair follicules fulfill their growth cycles throughout the scalp so it is a matter of time for it to grow back, worst case three to four months. Best wishes to you in your healing and new growth!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY