After months of researching I finally decided...

JoDirt

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill,

The doc already told him he might need a 2nd procedure for density. Not a good sign in my opinion. I'd shoot for a higher number of grafts. Also, another 500-1000 grafts shouldn't kill his donor supply for future HTs but it might make the density acceptable so he doesn't need that 2nd pass....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hairthere

Dr Siporin only said that i might need a second HT, because he can not diagnosis properly without having me in the office.

I'm sure other doctors who do online consultation will either be conservative with their grafts estimate or aggressive with their estimate. Back in mid 2007, HW doctors gave me an estimate of 3500 grafts and Dr.Rahal gave the same estimate. Personally,(i can be wrong on this), I feel its very hard for any Dr., whether its HT, internal medicine, etc, to properly diagnosis without have the patient in front of them. Tho i feel, online consultation is good in a way that it gives you a rough estimate, but going in and seeing the doctor is the best.

I really wish Dr.Feller would chime in and give his opinion again on the subject, if Dr.Siporin is able to dense pack the hair, and what grafts count does he estimate.

JD,

Rahal and H&W are experts. They do tons of online consults and I bet they come pretty darn close with their estimates. Now everyone in this thread, aside from Bill, has guestimated 2-3000 grafts. And then two of the TOP docs told you 3500. And yet you're still thinking you're gonna be satisfied with 1500 grafts?

All I'm saying is you're gambling a bit (although any cosmetic surgery is a risk). Take your time, see Dr.S's patients in person. Alright that's all from me folks....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Guest josh - b

I too have been wondering lately about doctors really dense packing hairlines. As standards have increased it seems that the best docs are routinely packing 60 -70 fu cm2.

Jodirt looks to have wavy hair which would lend itself well to greater density illusion.

Surely 40 - 50 fu cm2 into his hairline would provide an excellent result while also saving on that very important donor supply.

I just sent off an email to Dr.Siporin pointing him to this thread and what has been awesome inputs from everyone.

here is an excerpt from what i sent him

'<posting from Dr.Feller>

Everysince that post by Dr.Feller and what I posted on the thread from our discussion, there have been many agreement and disagreement on the number of grafts and dense packing I will need.

I know that you can not give a precise count of grafts needed just by looking at pictures, but in your own opinion, is your graft count ballpark figure correct and do you do dense packing to what Dr.Feller is suggesting.'

As soon as I get a response from Dr.Siporin, I will post up his comment, or maybe he will log on and reply back. I have sent him the link to this thread.

Between Dr. Feller's post, Bill's, and others', I think JoD should have a pretty good idea of what his options are at this point, and whatever he chooses he will be doing so having had a plethora of clear knowledge (some of it differing) to choose from. So all the best to him, having said that, and regardless, he will be taking a positive step forward.

The logic to each viewpoint -- that is, the ~1500 camp, or the ~3k camp -- does intriuge me, as perhaps this is a quintessential case where there can be opposing "philosophies" that both have founding...of course, one will invariably always end up being "a bit better"...icon_wink.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Just got this email from Dr.HW office..

"Thank you for your interest in Hasson & Wong. Dr. Wong has reviewed your case and feels that 2000 to 2500 grafts will address your needs depending on final hairline placement. The doctor will rebuild a proper hairline for you that will better frame your face and give you density and volume for the area immediately behind the hairline. "

Below is an email just received from Dr.Siporin..

"Yes I do dense packing similar to Dr.Feller. I am able to get as many grafts as possible, because I have technical skills as a plastic surgeon, which allows me to get as many grafts as possible, while limiting the scarring. I will perform the surgery very similar to the way Dr. Feller does.

In terms of the number of grafts, I estimate about 800 one hair grafts and 400 to500 two hair grafts, and then 400 three hair grafts. However, I do not have your photos in front of me, so realize this is just a guess, and this is just the hair line and a couple of centimeters behind the hair line.

I hope I answered your questions.

Ken Siporin

"

I'm curious how H&Ws prognosis changed so much from this latest (2k to 2.5k) to what you said before (3.5k).

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

A 2000-2500 graft estimate from Dr. Wong sounds more like it. I also agree that Dr. Siporin's estimate of 1500+ (looks more like approximately 1800 as per his last email) is also more like it.

I am only judging by the pictures however, I don't see where 3500 grafts would be placed unless you were going for extreme dense packing.

I am sure Dr. Siporin (or whichever elite physician you select) will be able to more adequately assess your situation and needs in person.

For the record, I believe Dr. Siporin performs larger sessions of ultra refined follicular unit hair transplantation when appropriate for the patient. In the near future, expect to see him on the forum posting some recent patient before/after pictures as he is being considered for the Coalition. Many of his patients have already been on this forum and have been quite satisfied with their results.

Bill