1 year post-op Class IV A 2100 grafts frontal area

This is 25 year old patient with a class four on the Norwood scale of hair loss. He is thinning in the frontal hairline, temples and the mid front scalp areas. He didnot have any thinning in the crown area. When he came for consult, he had been using propecia and rogaine for a year and said that he didnot have any improvement and didnot want to use medical treatment. We decided to do a 2000 graft session, ultimately we did:

350 one hair units

475 two hair units

1300 three hair units

for a total of 2125 grafts

We only worked in the frontal hairline, temples and the mid frontal area, we didnot work on the crown.

These are pictures from the before, immediate after, two week follow up and one year post op. He is currently not using any medical treatments.

Dr. Meshkin is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Dr Meshkin,

Did this gentleman have native hair on top? Did you shave it before the pics were taken, or was he completley bald? The reason I ask is because this appears to be a phenomenel result with only 2100 grafts used.

The patient is a class IV a and had minimal amount of hair in the frontal central area. We rebuild the frontal hair line,the temples and added density to the mid scalp area. I did shave the area we worked on, and unfortunetly I wasnot able to locate a preshaved picture. but if you look closely you can tell the minimal amount of native hair he had.

Thanks mattj, and Dr. lindsey for your kind comments.

Dr. Meshkin is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network