Any experience with Robert. H. True?

Hey guys, do you know someone or did you have any HT/experience with?

Robert. H. True, M.D. (elliotttrue.com)

360 Lexington Ave., Suite 1102

New York, NY 10017-6502

(212) 826-2525 / 1-800-990-HAIR

Thanks for your info.

Hey guys, do you know someone or did you have any HT/experience with?

Robert. H. True, M.D. (elliotttrue.com)

360 Lexington Ave., Suite 1102

New York, NY 10017-6502

(212) 826-2525 / 1-800-990-HAIR

Thanks for your info.

• 1 month later...

Hi Mel from NY,

I haven't been on the HT forum too much the last couple of months, but here is a better-late-than-never reply. I had 1503 FU grafts (800 in front and 700 in crown/vertex) transplanted with Dr. True in June 2003 and 12+ months out I am very happy with the results. I was progressing toward a Norwood 5A with thin coverage over the whole top of my head (non-uniform 20%-40% my teenage density) and the right-side of my front hair line was super-thin. Since I have dark brown hair and a somewhat fair complexion, I had A LOT of see-thru under good lighting. My donor density was below average, but I have the positive qualities of coarse and wavy hair. Dr. True is a skilled doctor who took the time to answer my MANY technical and clinical questions -- all to my satisfaction. My procedure took a little under 9.5 hours and resulted in hardly any pain. I do like their computerized-wand anesthesia injection system. I took one day off from work and worked from home / remotely for another week. I went to a friend's wedding 8 days after my surgery and with a little help from DermMatch and Toppik to cover the lingering scabs and redness, NO ONE NOTICED A THING! Even more so, I went to a party after the wedding reception with a different circle of friends and they didn't notice either! I WAS STOKED!!! I had my typically short hair-cut at the time (about 3/4 inch) and even the shaved donor area and sutures were unnoticable (dark brown sutures to match my hair). I did get considerable swelling from about day 2 to day 4 post-op. Although I slept with my head elevated and tried to ice twice an hour, I may have slid down too far one night and did wait too long between some ice applications. Since then, I've let my hair grow slightly longer than in recent years and I'm still using Toppik, but my (12 months post-op) hair looks like a good thick head of locks. This is SOOO AWESOME to me because I haven't had that look for a good 7 years!! Dr. True does not dense pack hair and hence I don't expect to have "teen" thick hair after one procedure without any camo. He told me up front a second procedure would be needed to improve density. From everything I've read, this is the standard for hair transplants. Although I've seen some impressive high-density pics, I personally would prefer a non-high density transplant to ease the trauma on all my existing hair. For the first 3-4 months, all you got is your existing hair and you don't want to over-traumatize it into excessive shock. My donor scar is approximately 1 mm at the widest points. Getting a hair transplant is a serious decision and one of the best things you can do to become informed is to read all the forums here on applicable topics, read published hair restoration papers, and look at before/after results for a given number of FU grafts. You will have to weed out some of the hype, but doing this research will help you develop a balanced, realistic set of expectations. I voluntered to attend an Open House Seminar with Dr. True on 3/4/04 (also my 9 month check-up appointment day). There were at least 8 guys there with transplants by Dr. True. All of them looked really good and all of them were very pleased. Incidentally, Dr. True has had two transplants himself to my knowledge. I've gotten considerable positive remarks and inquiries about my hair since about the 4 month mark, but no one knows the real deal (or has even suspected a HT) except one close friend who I decided to tell outright. Overall, it has been a positive experience for me with Dr. True so far. I'm really enjoying my new hair and do not have any regrets at this point. I plan on getting my second transplant for more all-around density with him this coming fall or winter. Given my stated goals at my one year follow-up appointment earlier today, he recommended a comparably sized (1500 FU or so) procedure to my first when I am ready. I wish you the best success with your future hair transplant!

GratefulHead

Try Again

Mel, there are several things to consider when getting a HT. The most important thing is the doc and the reputation. I have heard decent things about that doc.

I your case and mine it may be very important to lifestyle, time off etc to be able to get a megasession of 3-4000 FU's. If this is the case there are several docs on this post that can accomodate this, I would suggest looking at them.

• 1 year later...

Hi

I had the same great great experience with Dr. True. 1417 grafts and 4 months later, I'm seeing nice results . Nobody has noticed one single thing.

Looking forward to the next couple months of growth!

J

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

A couple of updates for Telephone Man:

Elliott & True no longer exists. Both doctors have been practicing independently for almost two years.

The post by BruinHair pertained to his dissatisfaction with Dr. Elliott not Dr. True.

My experience with Dr True and Dorin was great. I've posted it here before. I'm 14 weeks out and still no shock loss anywhere. I have growth of new FUs and about 1/3 of the HT FU never fell out but continued to grow. Now they are at about 1 1/2 long or better and I am now combing back hair that I never had before. Their tecnique is incredible and the techs that work with them are dedicated and devoted to the painstaking process of follical removal from the donar tissue. I will post pics in a couple of weeks when I reach 4 months. WW

Mel,

I had 1500 fut's done by Dr.True in March.I'm 3.5 months and just starting to see some growth.I also had earlier punch graft repair work done,and I suspect that the scar tissue from the earlier work may be slowing my growth.The experiece with Dr.True was excellent.

No pain,no swelling,very comfortable.{By the way Telephone man,are you still consulting for Destafano?}I thought the "Elliot and True" comment was his style.