Dr. Nakatsui, 1.5 years post op, 4312 grafts

This was a patient who received 4312 grafts to the frontal 2/3 of his scalp about 1.5 years ago. I have attached photos from 5 months out and at the 1.5 yr point. He received 1349 single grafts, 2485 double grafts, and 478 big grafts, for a total count of 4312 grafts.

He had great growth, except for one small area in the frontal scalp that didn't grow very well for some unknown reason. The area of involvement looks fine with no evidence of scar or inflammation. This will require no more than about 100 grafts, which we will fill in at no charge of course.

He told me he has previously posted on here and I found his blog here: Patient blog

For some reason, I cannot find his original photo files. Luckily, I had a few photos in backup, so here they are.

Thomas Nakatsui MD FRCPC

2641341602_1532104d39_b.jpg

4062523622_2bf5b4acc5_b.jpg

4061738999_5442ccf6fb_b.jpg

4061778187_a01e5b1256_b.jpg

4061738915_655e17ca5d_b.jpg

Dr. Nakatsui,

I'd say this is quite a transformation given his level of baldness and only 4312 follicular units.

Thanks for being so transparent and explaining the patient's lack of growth in one particular targeted area. Thanks also for always standing behind your patients to make sure they get the head of hair they deserve and want.

All the Best,

Bill

Bill,

Thanks for the comments. He is very happy with the results and he tells me it looks even better when his hair is a bit shorter. Our plan is to now fill in the vertex at some point in the near future, so we will touch up the small area in the front at that time. I look forward to showing the after photos once everything has been completed.

Dr N.

I like the contrast between the 5 month and 19 month post-op photos. This really shows the maturation of the hair after the initial growth stages. Nice work.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 10 months later...

As the patient being discussed I suppose I should add some comments.

First in respect to the frontal scalp issue , this is a very small area in which some grafts seemed to take and a few didn't. It is really only noticeable to Dr. N and myself and as stated easily remedied. Dr. N, while being up front is also quite critical of his own work-one of his best traits. It is definitely not a "glaring bald patch" and at some point in the near future I will update my blog with more comprehensive pics of the entire HT area than seen in this post. As Dr. N has mentioned I have had what I would call exceptional growth and am pleased. The best compliment one can give is that people don't notice save those I've mentioned it to and those I have referred in my area to Dr. N over the past 2 plus yrs. Lost weight? working out? new shoes? You name it but never the hair :)

An amusing incident was an associate who I've done business with for over a decade were out last year and he said "Wow , I never noticed how much hair you'd lost at the back-you're almost bald, how long have you been losing hair?" Aside from wanting to swat him for the general comment, nothing about the front and top, that was hilarious to me and a testament to the quality of the HT of the front 2/3rds.

We were scheduled to do the crown this past January, around 2500 grafts but I got a wicked flu and had to cancel. Given my business etc. time restraints have forced me to put it off so far this year. My intention is to contact Dr. N and set up for January of 11.

As I've said many times to those who have contacted me from this site and in person Dr. N is a top notch surgeon and as important to me, takes the time to explain what is 'doable' and realistic in his consultation. I think honesty and managing expectations is a critical element for both patient and surgeon when getting a HT done. I had a comprehensive question list - thanks much in part to this site, and Dr. N answered all of them to my satisfaction.

After many years of debating and consults before moving forward this trait along with the quality of work gave me the comfort level I required to get the HT done. Overall, aside from the sub-par pizza he fopped off on me at lunch break :) , I have and do highly recommend him and his excellent staff.

Edited by Agio

My Hair Loss Weblog