issues with toppik

Toppik works great, but I have an issue with it. I notice everytime i use it, some of the stuff inevitably gets in my eyes and also in my sinuses and gives me breathing problems. Maybe because my hair is long it gets all over the place. I noticed one of the ingredients is Silica which is definitely not good to breathe. Maybe I'll try Dermatch. Also it can't be good to have that stuff blocking the pores on your scalp, can't that inhibit hair growth?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I've never heard a thing about Dermmatch blocking pores............I used it sporadically before my last HT and never had problems with it. IMO Dermmatch is superior to toppik because it will not come out in the rain or if you sweat..........it has to be wash out with shampoo.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hi

I wouldnt worry about blocking your pores to much .. Ar eyou speaking regarding hair or acne??

Try dermatch, it's a bit cleaner to use

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 1 month later...

Use the Toppik sprayer from Spenser Forrest. This concentrates the Toppik into the zones you most want it, thus making the product last MUCH longer.

And if you're worried about Toppik clogging your pores, then wash your face with warm water and a gentle face soap after you've applied it.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog