don't gamble ever with an HT

atw

I gambled with Larry Leonard and Jean Devroye.

It was a fatal mistake.

It's better to wait 5/10 years until you find a proper surgeon that you're happy with.

Don't rush it ever. ever. ever.

Learn from my mistake.

I will regret it forever.

I gambled with Larry Leonard and Jean Devroye.

It was a fatal mistake.

It's better to wait 5/10 years until you find a proper surgeon that you're happy with.

Don't rush it ever. ever. ever.

Learn from my mistake.

I will regret it forever.

Isnt Jean Devroye well regarded? I may have got muddled up here but isnt he a Belgian Dr who has been trained by some of the well regarded US ht docs?

Sympathise totlay with your sitation by the way. I had jsut the same experience by the sound of it.

NV

hi nv, no Jean Devroye is not well respected.

He is a legend is his own mind.

He talks a good HT, but can't do it. He says " I've worked with 'Shapiro, NHI' etc." Working with them/speaking to them means nothing. It's doing the business that matters.

Larry Leonard is just as bad.

I wish I had gone to Noble, I would have got a better transplant. honest.

by the way, I'm not suggesting for a second that noble are good.

I know they are bad.

I'm just saying that I would have got a better transplant at noble rather than at leonard/devroye.

atw,

All this is very vague. Can you be a bit more specific about what went wrong, what you're not happy with & so on? How many months post op? What was the procedure , how many FUs, how did you end up chosing these 2 guys, etc. I think a bit of explanation is in order so we can all benefit from your experience.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

can't rush into this stuff. Sucks that the result is bad and hard to correct.

Considered repair from a top doc, atw?

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

-- If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

-- The truth only matters if you know about it.

I very nearly made the same mistake about a year ago. I was all scheduled to have a procedure with one doctor that I have done a lot of research on, only to find when I arrived at the clinic (which was halfway across the country) that he was no longer practicing with that clinic. I was pissed off, but mulled over whether or not to procede with the other doctor there. The more I thought about it, the more I felt like I was just being pressured and hoodwinked into something I didn't feel comfortable with. I cancelled, thank God!

I had to wait another 6 months before getting my HT, but I did more research during that time and discovered Dr. Rose in Tampa, who I eventually ended up going with, and I could not be happier with the result. It definitely pays to be patient and do all your research before making a move!

Tedd

Tedd,

After a lot of research, I'm having my H/T by Dr Rose done in May. I'm flying to MN to Shapiro Medical Group.

Was there any advantage into having it performed in his FL office? I would think there would be a bigger staff of Techs in the MN office.

Thanks

• 5 months later...

hair4good

Hey, sorry for no response to your question from way, way back. I'm sure you've had your procedure by now and are growing fistfuls of hair. I haven't been very active on the board for most of this year.

I would love to know how things turned out. I'm sure your HT looks great, with Rose performing the procedure.

I chose his Tampa office for very practical reasons... I have friends who live there, and they took very good care of my in my post-op recovery days.

I wasn't necessarily looking for a doctor in Tampa. I was willing to go anywhere and my decision was based on the skill and reputation of the surgeon. I just happened to find one that I was very impressed with right there in Tampa.

Tedd