follow up question

Though I'm not recommending it for you, some have gotten HT's at your age. The best option is preventative meds like Propecia (Finasteride) and possibly Minoxidil if you can commit to the regiment.

If you want to see results from someone completely Bald go to Jotronic's website or Bobman's Hair Loss Web Log. These are both some of the most amazing results I have ever seen.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Originally posted by hairbank:

If you want to see results from someone completely Bald go to Jotronic's website or Bobman's Hair Loss Web Log. These are both some of the most amazing results I have ever seen.

I believe that Jotronic and Bobman are examples of the best results of a HT on a NW5/6 patient, and are not typical of the results that everyone can expect. They both had a good donor that allowed them to get the max grafts possible.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

I believe that Jotronic and Bobman are examples of the best results of a HT on a NW5/6 patient, and are not typical of the results that everyone can expect. They both had a good donor that allowed them to get the max grafts possible.

Donor hair has to be there to begin with.....that's for sure. However, maybe Jotronic will respond to this but I believe his consultant with H&W, Mike Ferko, rated him about a 3 out of 10 for overall quality of donor hair.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hairbank is correct, my donor was not that great to begin with because at the time of my first H&W consultation I had not one but two wide donor scars. This was a factor in determining that I was not the best of candidates. I remember it well. On the morning of my procedure Dr. Wong was reviewing my condition and told me that I'd have two scars still. I told him that Mike said that he'd be able to get both scars. He looked at me like I was nuts but when he tugged on my scalp he had wide eyes and a sly grin. "Yeah, we can get both of them". That was the beginning of a a great journey for me. Great laxity can overcome less than perfect donor hair. My hair was not great but not that bad either, and was about average I guess.

Ultimately, what is satisfying to me may not be satisfying to Jrazz and the same could be said for the reverse view. It's all a matter of perception.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Jotronic:

I am very impressed with your hair, as well as all the pictures I have seen of Hasson & Wong's work. Is there any kind of average graph count for your firm with regard to HT's on Norwood 5,6 or 7's? In other words, folks that need alot of work done.

wesley949,

Thank you. I only hope my experience has shed some light on your situation.

As far as an average, it is between 3500 and 4500 grafts overall but it's hard to be more specific or even sure. I feel this is a solid number though. Remember, averages being just that, we've routinely hit 5000 plus and on more rare occasions 6 and 7 plus thousand grafts but those are the most remote of rare cases. Don't expect this for yourself by any stretch.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians