Have you..

Looked at your dads hair lately?

I see my dad once a year I live in Fla he in Rhode Island and we spent time with our wives at Disney.

He is 62 years old and I have the same pattern as him! High sides, he is slick on top, me formerly slick on top and a good size crown bald area.

I of course fixed all that baldness,so I will never look like my dad I guess!

But you know something, he is 62, grey hair, athletic looking and damn handsome! The ladies still love him and his hair looks great for his age!

I think that's the key, we will grow into our baldness or thinness or whatever!

Oh vanity, vanity what have you done?

Looked at your dads hair lately?

I see my dad once a year I live in Fla he in Rhode Island and we spent time with our wives at Disney.

He is 62 years old and I have the same pattern as him! High sides, he is slick on top, me formerly slick on top and a good size crown bald area.

I of course fixed all that baldness,so I will never look like my dad I guess!

But you know something, he is 62, grey hair, athletic looking and damn handsome! The ladies still love him and his hair looks great for his age!

I think that's the key, we will grow into our baldness or thinness or whatever!

Oh vanity, vanity what have you done?

One of the things I regret about getting a hair transplant, is that I will never ever be able to learn to accept my appearance.

I will never ever be able to age gracefully.

What would you say if you saw an elderly lady, who had an enormous breast enhancement, that she obviously had gotten at a much younger age? Wouldn't it look a little bizarre on her?

I fear that something similar will be my fate, as well.

Arfy/Hair~Its ashame that we live in a society where money,looks and fame get a high degree of respect.The only thing is looks and beauty fade over time.It's how you deal with it that makes you that much more professional and human.

:0)Nice rack blue hair!!!!!!!!!!!

My dad has similar hairloss to me. A bit "worse". I guess what I have to look forward to.

But guess what? His hair looks JUST FINE for his age. He's 72. Quite active, too.

But, he too knows quite well the "tragedy" of losing WAY too much hair way too early on. He's been very supportive.

I'm trying to be careful to not lower the hairline at all, just fill in the top to decent density and recreate an acceptable hairline. It has to stand the test of time. People definitely would say I have a high hairline. That is fine by me. So much better than what was, and will stand the test of time.

I can deal with that.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

Arfy,

I couldn't agree more, and that was my number one concern in getting an HT. As I had mentioned in prior posts, I would look at all the older actors/tv news people, and think they really had an age appropriate hairline. I didn't lower mine all that much - perhaps 1/4 inch and I should be fine, now I'll just have to be careful with the thinning behind what will be my new hairline. Last night I watched a movie where the older actor (in his early 60's) had a naturally recessed hairline, and I couldn't help but think how my hairline will look when I'm that age. Great post, and in my opinion, that really should be one of the biggest factors in deciding to get an HT.

Good luck.

Manko

You know it almost looks weird when an 60-70-80 year old guy has a hairline like he did when he was 20!

It's kind of freaky in a good way.

Like grandma with the silicones sporting a thong at the beach!!!

Ha ha