message for vocor1

vocor,

i believe you are at the 8 month mark now. any improvements lately since your last post with pics? if i remember correctly, you posted some 4 month pics back in april. just interested in seeing your pics at 8 months, if it's not too much trouble.

vocor,

i believe you are at the 8 month mark now. any improvements lately since your last post with pics? if i remember correctly, you posted some 4 month pics back in april. just interested in seeing your pics at 8 months, if it's not too much trouble.

texas:

Yeah, I've been a scab at posting follow up picts. I have a bunch from month 5, 6, and 7. I'm a little tardy on Month 8, which I should have already taken, but haven't. Part of the reason is my work has me away from home a ton these days. I don't always have my digital camera handy.

Excuses, excuses.

I still am getting ingrown hairs once in a while. The hair IS thickening. But I'm still gonna add 700-1000 hairs regardless. I'm "blessed" with thick sides and back, as is my dad, so I have more than the average amount of hair I can transplant.

Haha, maybe I can partly FU my "bozo hair" away! But honestly, it is MUCH better now that the top has those 2200 extra FUEs. I went from big-time bozo hair to a side show act. Very happy about that.

Picts to come . . .

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

Guys,

Are you both taking any pills ? If so, when did you start ? if not, do you plan to ?

Thanks,

PD

Signature:Please click here to vote for the doctor you would go to if you needed a hair transplantation today!

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified medical professional nor do i work for any doctor, hence these are my personal and honest views. Hopefully I will benefit someone as I had benefitted from this awesome forum.

My HT blog - 2600 - Dr. Feller: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/blog/68/

photo album: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/albums/135

I'm guessing you mean Teddw2ds, since I've never seen a Texasw2ds on this board! icon_biggrin.gif

I am on both Minoxidil 5% (for about 5 years) and Proscar (for about 3.5 years). I started with Propecia, but then learned that it is the same medication at Proscar and switched for the incredible cost savings.

If I remember correctly, Vocor1 is also on the same on both accounts. I have gotten wonderful results from using these. In my case, this is not just guessing, since I have an identical twin brother that I can compare my progress against. Judging from his considerably more advanced state of hair loss, I am guessing he is not using either drug.

PD:

I take 1/4 Proscar every day. Every once in a while, I'll just skip a dose. If I forget a dose, I don't make it up.

I tried 5% minoxidil but it just was too much work for me. It leaked all over, I had to sleep on a towel. I didn't put it on twice a day. It was starting to control me more than any benefit I think I'd have seen. So I quit.

BUT . . . Minoxidil is clinically proven to regrow hair. Don't let my whining desuade you from trying it out. What if minox and finasteride BOTH work for you? Wouldn't that be great!

The 1/4 Proscar is so easy and very effective in my case. It no doubt stopped my hairloss and regrew some hair on my crown (though it still has a thin area).

Proscar plus HT changed the way people perceive me. There is no doubt.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

guys, sorry for the long post..

Tedd2wds,

Hey Tedd! sorry i just realized the name mix-up..that was funny..lol.. i gotta keep myself awake from now while posting.. icon_biggrin.gif So you have been taking proscar/propecia long before HT.. so you are going to have the best result..

Texasnw2,

i dont think you had a HT yet.. looks like almost everyone is on propecia/proscar!

Vocor1,

I have not even got on propecia, let alone Minoxidil ! I am also probably not going to use minoxidil as I am quite good at my crown/vertex(?)

although a few doctors claim that it works on frontal unlike what is written on the box.. i guess i am just lazy and dont like the inconvenience when there is not too much benefit icon_smile.gif

All,

guys, I had talked to a lot of doctors, not one said propecia has any permanent adverse affects..and i know that it does not have any permanent side effects, but I dont feel comfortable using it.. i am the kind of guy willing to fight sicknesses for sometime and avoid medicines taken in.. (unless ofcourse the sickness becomes really unbearable ) but i dont know yet, one fine day i might say, "screw it,i'll take propecia" icon_biggrin.gif

Now, my question is, is HT going to be worthy at all if one doesnt take propecia/proscar ? I had seen guys (who refuse to take propecia) who had good hair 1yr after HT and go back to "really" sparse and "see-through" hair because all native hair has been lost! that looks really awful and unnatural , unless one went with "really" dense packing and has coarse,curly, etc kind of hair.

Has any of you know members here ( other than bverotti! ) who had a great HT and had still looked wonderful after his native hair has fallen off ?? i guess it all depends on how close the grafts were placed ! dont you think ?

Signature:Please click here to vote for the doctor you would go to if you needed a hair transplantation today!

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified medical professional nor do i work for any doctor, hence these are my personal and honest views. Hopefully I will benefit someone as I had benefitted from this awesome forum.

My HT blog - 2600 - Dr. Feller: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/blog/68/

photo album: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/albums/135

PD

I certainly don't like to take any more medications than I have to. I'm the type that will suffer through a headache until I just can't bear it anymore, rather than take a Tylenol. That's just how I am. But with finasteride, the results are so clearly positive, and it is easy to take (just one pill a day), relatively inexpensive (if you use the Proscar alternative), and I have had zero side effects. For me, that made it a no brainer.

If I wasn't convinced enough already, though, seeing the difference between my own hair loss and that of my brother was certainly enough proof for me of the BIG difference finasteride makes. As you may have read from my previous posts, I have an identical twin brother, which makes for a great comparison study. He's not taking anything for his hair loss, and he is quite noticeably more advanced in his loss than I am. My loss virtually came to a halt when I started taking finasteride 3.5 years ago. Since then, my brother has gone on to lose almost all the hair in front, where I still had that small peninsula of hair, and now he is really thinning on top, whereas my hair has always been very thick on top. I am a true believer.

PD,

Re: Propecia/Proscar

You have to weigh the chances of continued thinning ?, perhaps you will magically stop losing your hair as you age, pretty doubtful.

I want & have fairly thick healthy hair at 42, (after 2 HT's). Propecia keeps my exsisting hair from perishing.

But - I understand the reluctance to take

medicine & nobody can make this choice for you.

NW