Celebs and balding

John Ritter

I'm curious to know why that if Propecia and other drugs out there grow back hair on the majority of men then why isn't these bald celebritys getting in on the act. Some that come to mind that have more bling bling then they know what to do with it but yet they lack hair department are Micheal Jordan, Andre Agassi and George from Seinfeld along with countless others.

I was thinking that since they are in the public spotlight that they would feel like they would be mocked for trying to grow there hair back or getting surgery. Or could it be that they been bald for awhile now that it doesn't even bother them. Anybody got any theorys why celebs dont buy themselves a warehouse full of Propecia or conceal there baldness ? I know some probrably do Marv Albert (toupee) comes to mind but what about the other bald ones ?

I'm curious to know why that if Propecia and other drugs out there grow back hair on the majority of men then why isn't these bald celebritys getting in on the act. Some that come to mind that have more bling bling then they know what to do with it but yet they lack hair department are Micheal Jordan, Andre Agassi and George from Seinfeld along with countless others.

I was thinking that since they are in the public spotlight that they would feel like they would be mocked for trying to grow there hair back or getting surgery. Or could it be that they been bald for awhile now that it doesn't even bother them. Anybody got any theorys why celebs dont buy themselves a warehouse full of Propecia or conceal there baldness ? I know some probrably do Marv Albert (toupee) comes to mind but what about the other bald ones ?

There are quit a few who do, but if it's done right you may not even notice. Frasier did something and Craig T Nelson has had a transplant of some sort. I would guess that the rest of them aren't confident it would work or are just content with their current look. Jordan, Agassi and Bruce Willis all look great with the shaved look

And perhaps the fact that they are so famous and well known, it would be kind of obvious that they had something done. Also, the examples you gave are no longer balding, they ARE bald. Propecia wouldn't do much for them. icon_razz.gif

John Ritter

I have often thought about it also. Some celebs that come to mind is Ron Howard and his brother.

Upon doing research before my HT. I did find Barry Williams (Greg Brady) of Brady Bunch had an HT. His doctor was in California somewhere. I forget the doctor and clinic.

How about nicolas cage? I saw him on snl once. Very thin hair, he had a huge bald spot in back that he combed over pretty well but still you could see it. Then I saw him in that movie where he steals mad cars and came out after snl and his hair was perfect. As far as celebs like mj & bruce willas goes. They shave there heads, I think thats great. If I was any worse then I was now I would prolly do the same. Think of all the time they don't waste thihking about it. I bleached my hair when I first started thinning. It didn't make my hair grow back but for 6 months I couldn't even notice anything. Out of site out of mind.

none

none

Heard on another website that Mel Gibson, along with Tom Hanks, John Travolta, Nicholas Cage and others have had work done at a very expensive place called the NHI Institute, in Florida. Can anyone confirm this?

Nicolas Cage does not have a good transplant... take that as a subtle warning that even the celebrities can get bad results.

If you see a movie with Nic Cage in it, he will be wearing a hairpiece. Movie stars get woked on by a team of hair and makeup people during a movie shoot.

Nic Cage was on the Tonight Show about 1.5 years ago without his hairpiece and he did NOT look good. He looked pluggy, and it was obvious that he was wearing concealers. From the side it was clear that his scalp had been painted black or dark brown, as you could see into his transplant quite easily. It was not good!

The funny thing is that I bet his doctor brags about doing Nic Cage to every new guy who walks in the clinic. They patients have seen his movies and they think "hey he looks pretty good!" They don't realize that they were looking at a premium-quality hairpiece.

Someone posted something similar about Tom Arnold... he supposedly wears a ton of concealers (Which ones I don't know) but in person without the concealers he doesn't look too good.

Don't be fooled by this celebrity gossip, they get botched just like anyone else can... Frank Sinatra had a HT and had to cover it with a wig, so did Elton John, and many others. The stars are just as vulnerable as you and I, and in many cases are not as informed as we actually are.

I was just watching ESPN, and I'd swear Tiger Woods has gotten one. He was definitely thinning/receeding last year, and now his hair looks full and not receeded at all.

Just wanted to post that while my little brain remembered it - I may have the worst memory on the planet.

Manko

Uncjim

I'm going to watch a little closer this weekend, of course he'll be wearing his hat, but maybe he'll win and then have his hat off. You might be right about him letting it grow longer, but I thought it was thinning as well.

Manko

Just because celebrities can afford the best, doesn't mean they get the best. They, or "their people" still have to do the research and hope for the best.

I heard Tom Arnold had his done at Bosley. Is this true? I think it looks great, BUT that is on screen. If he uses lots of concealers, to me that's not a successful transplant.

We should all remember that ALL celebs, even the ones with lots of original hair have a team of makeup artists, etcto make them look good.

UncJim,

If Tiger did have an HT, it appears to be a damn good one. I'm pretty sure they had a round on TV yesterday and I just assumed it'd be on this weekend as well.

Also, regarding Tom Arnold. I heard him on Howard Stern, and he's never been shy about admitting that he had HT work. But he did say that he would not recommend an HT, I think that has something to do with his results. His work was also done years ago, and I can imagine it's primarily minis/micros.

Manko