Good Candidate?

River Rat,

I think you could realize some good results, but I would have a respected Doc evaluate your donor supply.

My hair was miniturizing quickly, I started Propecia and had some HT work..am far happier, but beware others have had poor work...be careful and good luck !

NW

I'm no doc, but you look like a good candidate to me. Kinda on the same scale as Wassup and Futzyhead was at prior to getting a HT.

Have you visited any doc's yet for consultations, or sent them pictures for review??

Here's my opinion:

Pluses:

-- Light brown hair. Lighter color hair, the easier to create the appearance of coverage.

-- Skin tans well. Looks like you will tan okay. Tanned skin helps add to the appearance of coverage: less FUs per unit area needed if you can tan your scalp. Color of hair complements instead of contrasts skin color. Black hair on pale scalp needs many more FUs per cm^2 for the appearance of density.

-- Thick sides. Looks that way, at least. Probably means thick donor area.

-- Some hair still on top. Less FUs needed on top due to that fact.

Minuses:

-- Probably will need MINIMUM 2000 FUs to establish "appearance of coverage" on the top. And actually, I'd guess more if you want 40 FUs/cm^2.

-- Thin hair. Your hair looks thin. You'll need more FUs per cm^2 to achieve the appearance of density/coverage because your hair is thin.

Here's what else we need to know:

Do you have a thick donor hair region and how big is it? Or is your hair sparse back there, etc? We can only determine that (with our untrained eyes and opinions) with a better pict of your donor area.

Umm, I hope that is helpful and a little of the type of feedback you were looking for. You've gotta see a top doc in person to get an accurate assessment of the situation. Don't worry, they won't pressure you into something you aren't ready for or willing to do.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

• 2 weeks later...

You're hairline looks a lot like mine before my first HT. Here are my before pics and about 7 months after getting 1100 fu's. I recently went back for 2000 more to increase the density overall.

my pic