NHI question

What do you mean by "on his own"? Rassman is the head doctor at NHI. I'm pretty sure he's the founder of the company, right?

Rassman and McClellan are listed on NHI's website. I don't know what the latest is with Bernstein.

I believe Rassman might still be a financial partner since he founded, but I think he has a independent office now? Also, he might have sold out his part of the clinic with the rights for them to use his name for a period of time as part of the negotiations-- I dont know. But I think he is independent and seperating himself from the "hairmill" image. I have not heard about Bernstein, but is would not surprise me if he also is trying to seperate himself from the image as well.

Just call and set up a consult with him to find out the facts.

• Administrators

Lighting,

I have not kept up to date with what procedure exactly Dr. Rassman is doing lately. But he certainly is a real pioneer in follicular unit transplantation. McCellan by all accounts also does quality follicular unit work.

Dr. Bernstein has always been a follicular unit purist/perfectionist. I have stayed current on his work and I know that he is a real master of ultra refined follicular unit transplantation. That is why he was invited to join the Coalition.

Dr. Rassman and Dr. McClellan may be doing the same quality work as well but I just don't know for sure.

I know that Dr. Bernstein set up his own independent practice in NY and NJ and I understand that he continues to have a good relationship with Dr. Rassman and NHI. They accomplished many positive things together.

I think that with being on seperate coasts and each having ample patients based on their reputations there was no real compelling need to be in the same clinic.

Any up dates on the work NHI is currently doing would be appreciated.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I'm sorry to hear that you feel you got inadequate with Dr. McClellan. Up until your post I had heard only good reviews of his work.

I appreciate your input regarding you experience. You welcome to post any photos of your hairline and or donor area that you may have.

Thanks for sharing, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• 4 months later...

On 9/9/05 I completed what has been a lengthy hair restoration process. On that day, Dr. Rassman of NHI (in Los Angeles) performed a scar revision for me and placed 500 grafts. I highly recommend Dr. Rassman. He performed one prior surgery on me in 2004 in San Jose at NHI after Dr. Roy Jones left. Overall, Dr. Rassman is an excellent surgeon, and is extremely fair (he honored the lower price that Dr. Jones charged), and waived his fees for the scar revision. NHI also payed for the trip to LA and accomodations - maybe because I had 5 prior surgeries with them...nonethelss, it was always a positive experience either with Jones or Rassman and I am very pleased with the results. Perhaps you can find an equal, but not better surgeon, than William Rassman....