Hair system to HT

Ok, all you "used to wear" hair systems people.

How do you go from one day full head of hair system to shaved head transplants ?

Im in that boat about to scrap this thing and get the HT

Ok, all you "used to wear" hair systems people.

How do you go from one day full head of hair system to shaved head transplants ?

Im in that boat about to scrap this thing and get the HT

Depends on how full your hair system made you look and how much you actually have left. I think I had more than a bit of my own hair but the system did make me look full (duh!). Then I did my HT and the plan was to wear it (gingerly) for a few months before discarding it.

Well, I didn't go through with the plan. Buzzed my hair a couple of weeks after HT and then adopted a buzz cut aided by Couvre to hide the scar and make the scalp blend better with my short hair.

People did notice, of course -- that there was a big change. No one, not even close friends, brought up the issue of if I had anything done. Some friends remarked that they can't wait for it to grow back because they liked me with more hair. Two months later, it is growing back and so it is not much of a topic for discussion anymore.

Takes some courage (and a lot of help from the wife in blending the couvre). But you can do it.

I just didn't want to hang onto the hair system for even one additional day. It worked great while it lasted, though icon_smile.gif

Good luck

Yes, that is what I needed, Im so tired of 7 years of this rat head. So I will pull it, buz and then go with the HT. Who cares huh? I will tell people I wanted a change and buzzing it all off was that change. Im at NW7 so it will be strange, but they will get used to it.

tp:

I respect your courage. You've gotta tell people once in a while that you will do what you've gotta do. Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead.

As a NW7, just know that it will be near impossible to achieve anything above light coverage on top and probably bald crown.

That's fine, just trying to set reasonable expectations while supporting you all the way.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

Just had my 2nd HT about 3 months ago. I am still wearing my system. I am a NW7 and 46 years old.

My system is thin to begin with so as to look as natural as possible. To get it this thin I had the system thinned with tiny scissors at the base in places you would normally be thinner like the crown. It is also pretty recessed on the sides (power alleys).

My plan is to progressively "lose" more and more hair in my system as time goes by. It will end up being much thinner in the crown and surrounding area. The trick is to get it thin but not slick bald. Bald means the base would show and you don't want that. You must still "see" the skin however but have whispy hair still cover.

When I am ready to ditch the system I will probably do a much different hair style ... shorter and without my usual part and maybe shave my mustache.

That's my plan.