There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Great title... sit back... this question wasn't easy to ask this forum. Ok.... I can transplant a kidney to my brother or some other relative generally. Now a relative who has a full head of hair. Can that relative donate hair to another relative? Has this ever been experimented?? Just curious.... I was just thinking about it while sitting here doing nothing... would like to hear some feedback.

Great title... sit back... this question wasn't easy to ask this forum. Ok.... I can transplant a kidney to my brother or some other relative generally. Now a relative who has a full head of hair. Can that relative donate hair to another relative? Has this ever been experimented?? Just curious.... I was just thinking about it while sitting here doing nothing... would like to hear some feedback.

Originally posted by DiggityDocMP:

I have also thought if this is even possible myself. Apart the obvious obstacle of finding someone with exactly the same colour, texture and hair characteristics as yours, I would imagine there would be technical obstacles as well.

I am definately curious about this myself and would appreciate feedback from doctors with knowledge on this subject.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

even if you transplant a body organ to a close relative the receipient would have to take anti rejection drugs for the rest of their life to stop their immune system from attacking the transplanted organ.

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

Originally posted by irish homer:

even if you transplant a body organ to a close relative the receipient would have to take anti rejection drugs for the rest of their life to stop their immune system from attacking the transplanted organ.

correct