Update 3 month, 2 weeks...

John M

Looks solid, I assume you're healing has ended up going well? Your best days are far and away yet to come....but fast approaching! icon_smile.gif Looking forward to seeing your end results, I think they will be very impressive.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

notgoing, yes I take a 9MP pic, then set the closeup on the camera with an ISO of 80, then snap away.

I know I cant judge yet, but i'm worried that when it does grow in after 12 months, it wont look dense; almost like I paid big $$ to look like i'm loosing my hair. I really should of told Dr Feller to put as many as he can; maybe like 4500 or more in that area. I received 3281. We agreed on 3000+, but during the procedure I heard them say that theyre going to have to make 2 or 300 more slits. Dr Feller did, and they placed more grafts. Dr Feller said that I had X amount of singles, all placed in the hairline, Y amount of double & triples behind that, and the remaining singles at the very back of the transplant. Is this because there was nowhere else to place them?

JohnM,

I only made that picture comment out of sarcasm that was based on another post (not related to this thread) about docs not being able to take good pics. Your pic was good.

Shockloss: in all honesty it is kind of hard for me to tell if you have less,equal, or more hair right now--given the angle of the one pre-op pic I saw. But, at this point I wouldn't worry as it is too early for any judgement anyway. I know easier said then done. Im sure this is a VERY difficult process to go through. But rest assured I bet you will be looking MUCH, MUCH better in 4-8 months than where you were at pre-op. For sure.

You chose Feller and he is one of the best. I think I would be feeling the exact same way you are right now if I were you as it seems EVERYONE goes through this "window of doubt": not enough grafts, not gonna look dense, not gonna be happy... I think the amount of grafts you had placed in that area is definitely going to be a HUGE improvement. Even more good news for you is that your 35 and to me it looks like you have no other thinning or loss behind the transplanted area. Correct? You have a shi$ load of donor hair left if and when you decide for further reinforcement.

I would shave my hair down (as you said you are going to) and get in the gym. Lift some weights and get your attention (and the girls attention) on your body and off of your head. I think this would work psychological wonders for you while your *temporarily* feeling bad about your head you can be feeling proud of your body. Then in the end you will be both proud of your luscious locks on a manly mop and massive muscles and the body of a bull...

I have two questions for you:

(i) how long til you can lift weights after the ht if you know?

(ii) could the doc have gotten more graphts if you were willing?

anyway--I think your going to end up being thrilled with your end result with this ht.

I'm pretty sure that I had some shockloss, as by now the shaved native hair is about as long as it was before the Dr shaved it. I'm really not too worried about that, just was mostly worried to have to go in again for a second procedure. I've seen guys pics on here and I cant remember their names, but they had the same loss pattern, and received about the same number of grafts and after it grew in, it appeared that it was very dense, and wouldnt need another procedure.

I'm not sure if the Dr could of gotten more grafts; I never asked. Originally at my consultation he estimated about 2500; up to joking 3000 if my wife would ok it. Told him there was none, and to place 3000. So I guess if he estimated 2500, 3281 should give a pretty good density, right?

No idea, as I hate excercising. icon_rolleyes.gif But i'm sure that after 3.5 months, i'd be able to do everything as if I never had a transplant. I'm still curious as to why the Dr put the remaining singles at the very back of the transplant. I would think doubles or triples would go there. And I think its more like the 1/3 of the head. Looking down from the top of the head, it starts at the tips of the ears to the front.

singles in the back: yeah, that does sound strange. You didn't question the doc during surgery or call after?

1/3 of the head...tips of ears: thats interesting as Ive been curious about this...when you say "tips of the ears" are you referring to the front tip (closest to your nose) or the rear tip) closest to the back of your head0...I know, such minutia, but it all plays out with graft count and placement as far as Im concerned...

PS. I would take up lifting weights. This would completely take your mind off your head and when your all done growing out you will have an over all transformation...just my 2 'n a half cents...everybodys different...some of us were raised by a pack of wolves.

Tips of the ears meaning the middle tips. Looking down from the top the highest point of the ear. I never knew what I received, and if you look up a past post, I ask Dr Feller what I received and he answered how many and where he placed them. Never thought to ask why.

man, I guess we are all different. Here I am obsessing over which "tip" of the ear you are referring to and you under went the entire procedure and didn't seem too worried about the whys' and whats of all the details...thats cool. Im just fucking curious george when it comes to stuff I care about (i.e. Alba n hair) most other stuff I don't give a shit about either...

I think you are going to be very happy with your results. period.

even in the REMOTE chance you are not, you are 35 and appear to only have experienced loss in your frontal third with a dense, thick chewbacka (RAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!) hair do' behind that...

your set.

John,

In my opinion, I think you are going to be very happy with your results.

Your 3 month pictures look right on target. In fact, you are experiencing early hair growth which is good.

Keep in mind that not all the hairs grow at once. There are plenty of hairs underneath the surface that will continue to break through over the next 4 or 5 months. According to your immediately postoperative pictures, you should have some pretty nice hair density when all is said and done.

Single hairs (in addition to being placed in the hairline) can be used throughout the balding areas in order to create a proper blend of single and multi-haired follicular units. In my opinion, it helps promote a more natural appearance while preventing a "pluggy" look.

Best wishes,

Bill