How do you guys deal with women with concealers on?

I'm gay, but I do have the issue with my boyfriend (as well as flirtatious other guys when I'm out at night). My boyfriend and I have lived together for five years, and he has no idea that I use Propecia, Dermmatch, or XFusion hair fibers. Really. Clueless.

I'm sure the fact that I have naturally dark blonde/light brown hair (with highlights) and have opted for beige/taupe bedding helps. Also, dim lighting works wonders, too. ;-)

However, when a guy reaches to touch my hair--or even a girl since a lot of girls really like my hair and think they should then touch it--I automatically say, "I'm using a LOT of product right now, so you're going to be really grossed out if you touch it." That usually stops them. If they actually touch my hair, they won't linger because my disclaimer has made them aware that I'm rather "particular" about my hair. My boyfriend knows to leave my hair alone. Oddly, he's the same way. Even though he's not thinning and doesn't even use product, he won't even let ME touch his hair (unless I'm cutting or styling it for him). No playing in it, though. In other words, it's a common quirk you can play off.

The real trick is the styling. Fortunately, he sleeps a LOT later than I do, so I can handle the styling before he gets up. If we're away, though, I take care of it all while he's showering. I keep all of my "tools" in a work bag I use when I'm on set or location or something. He has no need or desire to go into the bag, and even if he did, he'd just assume it's something I use on others (which I have).

Problem solved! Marry a man.......

Jokes aside. 5 years and no detection?! What! Do you work for the secret service? If not, then you definitely should.

This just in: I'm going to have 800 grafts done in the front temporal regions of my hairline in about four weeks. Because they said that I should be able to take a taxi after the procedure, I'm going to try my best to keep this a secret as well. We'll see how it goes. It was a spur of the moment decision, but I got really frustrated by not feeling comfortable enough to jump in a pool with friends. I've told them it's because my hair is naturally curly, and that it would go crazy if it got wet (true), but that's not the real issue. The real issue is exposing my hairline.

Now, mind you, my hair is nearly shoulder length, and the front/bangs layer is just below my earlobes, so even post-surgery (minus concealers), I think I'll be able to keep it to myself. I may rock an oversized beanie for a few days. I may also have to fess up to the bf. We'll see...I'd like to NOT have to do that.

• 8 months later...

I have a really embarrassing/funny story to share with you guys.

A quick back story first though. I've been seeing my girlfriend for a year now and she has no idea I use toppik daily. We live together and she hasn't noticed anything. It doesn't come out in my pillow so that hasn't been an issue. I also never let her touch my hair which she finds odd, but mostly just humorous and an accepted part of my neurotic personality.

However, for the first time in our relationship it became pretty obvious that I have something in my hair. Usually when I put toppik in my hair I will have to shake out the excess fibers once or twice before the proper level of toppik is blended into my hair. But this time I didn't do a good enough job I guess.

Anyways, so here's the story.

When she gets out of the shower I always have the privilege of rubbing lotion all over her body. Sometimes I will go a little farther than that depending on how much time we have. In this case, I decided to pay a visit down there.. if you know what I mean. I've done this literally countless times with her and it's never been a problem, but I guess the combination of the position of her legs/my head, the lotion, and the excess toppik, caused quite a mess. After I finished I look up and the entire inside of her legs are covered in brown toppik. She was so confused.

Finally, after what seemed like eons, she asks, "do you dye your hair?" I never thought I'd be so relieved to hear that question. I told her that I saw a few grey hairs a week ago and bought this cheap hair dye. She thought it was the dumbest-cutest thing ever and we haven't talked about it since.

But seriously, that was like my 'worst toppik nightmare' come true.

I'm just not ready to admit the extent of my hair loss with her. The good news for me is that she knows I use rogaine so she knows hair loss is in the equation. And she's also told me she'll love me no matter what which should go without saying when you live together with someone, but it's still very comforting to hear.

So there's my little story.

I find toppik more and more difficult to apply. I think it may be because my hair is longer than in the past, but it may also be a simple matter of having less hair and therefore using more of it. I've ordered Dermatch so I am going to try that as well.

Edited by ChristopherJ