My 1st HT

Cobalt22

I had my first HT at my hairline and corners about 10 weeks ago (a little over 2 months). I am a little worried now because I am still seeing a lot of bald areas especially at my hairline. I can see some new hairs at the corners, but virtually no hairs at my hairline and the front of my scalp.

Do the hairs at the hairline take longer to grow out? And why do I have patches of bald areas still? Has anyone else experienced this or had this concern before? Thanks for your comments in advance.

wins

It's hard to make an informed comment without being able to see exactly what you are referring too, a picture will allow one to see exactly what you are talking about in regards to perhaps not getting enough grafts to complete the job.

How many grafts did you have and what your level of hairloss was/is cannot be determined without either further explanation or a picture

Hi Wylie --

I was told I'm a Class 3, and I had about 1200 grafts transplanted to the hairline and corners. Sorry, I don't have a picture of what my hairline looks like. I know it's hard to comment. From what I can tell, I don't see any hairs at the hairline growing out. There are some hairs coming out at the corners (most of which are the transplanted hairs that never originally fell out). I thought by now at 10 weeks, I should see more new hairs growing at the hairline. Thanks for your comments.

Cobalt,

Welcome to our forum community.

Fixint-it is correct. At 10 weeks you may be starting to see signs of early hair growth. Transplanted hair typically grows in thin, fine, and colorless. It also does not grow in all at the same time. What you are experiencing sounds normal.

Remember that new growth only starts typically between 3 to 5 months but your final result won't be seen until approximately 12 months.

Best wishes in restoring your hair,

Bill