A Plastic Surgeon's Review of Dr. Pathomvanich

TomA

Originally posted by Aquarius:

TomA - I stand corrected . Yup certified in 87.

I appologize for that one. Actually he has hospital priv too.

Just alot of guys with ginned up credentials running around lately.

Thanks for having the 'nads to come back and say that--most guys would've just walked away. You're OK, Aq...

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

Pat:

Well, THAT was pretty fair and balanced!

I did want to address this one point, though:

While this is certainly true:

Originally posted by Pat - Publisher of this Community:

I believe Tom A was trying to share some useful information and Bill was just asking for more clarification and details, especially since Tom A seems a to be making a new hobby out of starting new threads promoting Dr. Pathomvanich on this forum.

This needs a bit of clarification:

Originally posted by Pat - Publisher of this Community:

Tom, in my book Dr. Pathomvanich is not controversial. But your many new topics regarding him, while virtually none about other leading surgeons, does make me question what your motivation is.

Yes, I've posted a lot about Dr. P! But my motivation is this: I'm posting my personal research as I find it. Unlike Dr. J, money IS an issue for me. It's not so much due to low income as it is due to having two kids in college at the same time. It makes little sense for me to do a lot of research on Dr. Wong, for example, because I'm not going to be able to pay his fees any time soon. The other coalition Docs are 95% North American with similar fee structures. The remaining 5% are not in areas of the world in which I travel. I do travel to Asia regularly (and my employer pays)--so I'm left with Thailand and India. Where do I go with that? Dr. A. and Dr. P.--did I leave anyone out? I think that's the full list.

Most of the things I have found on Dr. A have been covered here and elsewhere ad nauseam. But info on Dr. P is harder to come by. Since I figured that at least a few people might be in my situation, I thought that they might be interested in what I found. That's it--I promise that there is no hidden agenda. I've never thought about doing this on more than a superficial level until--what--about May 1. I haven't had time to become a shill for anyone yet.

And hey, that article about Dr. P's seminar included Dr. Wong, too! It's not like I blacked his name out or anything... icon_wink.gif

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

Originally posted by Bill:

Well this thread turned into something I did not expect.

Yeah, me too. LOL!

Originally posted by Bill:

A real plastic surgeon? I'm sorry if I don't trust doctors like you do. There are a lot of REAL hair transplant doctors still using plugs, mini/micro grafts, and GOOD HEAVENS, the Fleming/Meyer Flap!!!! They are destroying patients. So you'll have to forgive me if I DON'T take a REAL doctors word for it...

1. When a doc talks about his own work, I agree with you 100%. I give that very little weight.

2. When a doc talks about a colleague's work that he has observed, I agree with you 75%.

3. But when a doc talks about another doc's work because he put his OWN HEAD under the other doc's knife (three times nonetheless).... well that is a different animal altogether. I give that a LOT of weight.

Whether you agree or not, I'm sure you can see the difference in these three cases.

I do realize that specifics are very important. I just think that weight can be given to other evidence as well.

Thanks for not taking offense at my comments throughout this thread.

TomA

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

TomA -

I corrected my mistake... That was due to an overview.

Regardless his "bedside manner sucks>"

Divorce yourself from him and let this community embrace you.

Bill is nothing but good, to have some pompus a - hole nail him is an insult.

A hair on the head is worth two on the brush.

I don't work for commision.. I bust e'm for free. Thank me later.

TomA,

You are allowed to disagree. I didn't take offense...so don't worry bro.

I just think specifics are always better no matter what. Yes, his general experience appears good...but since everyone has a different view of what is optimal results, viewing them firsthand (or at least through pictures) is helpful to determine whether or not you agree with their evaluation.

Cheers,

Bill

Actually, I think Bill did overdo it with his caution there to the point of surprising me. It was almost like he was on the coalition payroll, job description being "pick holes in any positive review of a doc who isn't paying for coalition membership".

I mean, asking whether he had 3 megasessions in 1 day? Everyone knows that's impossible. And calling the guy a liar. All he did was post a positive review of a doctor without providing all the details, why not ask him for more info before judging his motives rather than take the stance of "you're lying and you're a shill, post some pics and details and maybe we'll change the verdict".

Now, I know that's not the case and that Bill had the best interest of other members at heart. To me and to most folks on this site, that goes without saying. But to someone coming in "off the street" not knowing the lay of the land, the initial impression may be closer to the one I detailed.

I guess all I'm saying is, caution's great and I'm glad it's being exercised. But perhaps we could ease up a little on folks posting doctor reviews and give them the benefit of the doubt at first icon_wink.gif

YoungGuy,

Perhaps I picked things apart in great detail...but never once did I call this guy a shill (at least, not until he cursed me off).

But if you or anyone else believes that the statement "there is no scar" is true, then you have not learned anything about hair transplantation surgery. Either his words were misconstrued or it was a lie. But to say that surgery is without scarring is plan wrong, whether unintentional or intentional.

It has nothing to do with benefit of the doubt. There is nothing in my post that indicates that Dr. P doesn't do good work. But I certainly was pointing out that the replies to TomA's questions was more like an infomercial than actual information.

Sorry to all who was offended by my post...but I won't apologize for warning people to be cautious of generalizations.

Bill

Originally posted by the B spot:

However, every now and then an inconsiderate, foul mouthed, wanker like you shows up and puts things in perspective.

LOL I don't log on for a few days and miss all the GD fun! Brilliant line, B-Spot.

My blog.

HT1: 4063 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 12/9/03

HT2: 3537 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 5/15/06

Total grafts: 7,600

Anyone who know's Bill (has read any of his posts) will realize he's here to help.........period. I re-read Bill's initial post and agree with him 100%. I've heard of Dr. P, and heard that he does good work. However, I haven't come close to seeing the amount of work it would require for me to whole-heartedly recommend him to this community.

As for Dr. Schiller...........his response was totally uncalled for. I liken it to a child who heard something he didn't like so he lashes out in an attempt to hurt someone who hurt his/her feelings. I just read it again...........I wonder what happens if someone disagrees with him in the office or before they undergo surgery with him?? Unbelievable!

This site, and the posters involved here, attempt to be sure "the truth comes out", whether it is for or against someones idea is irrelevant. Hopefully, we're all here to help those who don't like hair loss and want to do something about it. Bill's post was meant to do just that...............verify results of a claim that was basically heresay with no proof.

If you're going to rave about a Doc who is not recommended here or a member of the Coalition, be kind enough to have pics and details available to compliment your claims. It's best for everyone!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

I'm still not certain the poster DoctorJ100011 is, in fact, the Dr Schiller referred to Tom A's original post. I hope not. I hope he's not a real medical doctor at all.

His foul language and overbearing approach are totally unprofessional and uncalled for- for ANY poster, doctor or otherwise! And his remarks indirectly reflect badly on Tom A and even on DR P.

It seems that any professional would realize this, thus I suspect (and hope) that "DoctorJ100011" is nothing more than an Internet flamer.

I'm glad to see that most of you have realized that my intentions were good icon_wink.gif.

I have also heard some good things about Dr. Pathomvanich...but hearing good things and seeing results are two different things. All I really want to see are results to back up the claim...and I think it's in any perspective patient's best interest to do the same icon_wink.gif.

thus I suspect (and hope) that "DoctorJ100011" is nothing more than an Internet flamer

LOL...good one Bob C. That ranks up there with B Spots statement...

However, every now and then an inconsiderate, foul mouthed, wanker like you shows up and puts things in perspective

ROTFL

Bill

Bill,

You and I have both been around these forums long enough for me to know that your intentions were good.

As for the original poster(Tom A), his statements may well have been innocent. But he doesn't have your track record.

About the poster named DoctorJohn10011, I was serious - He MAY be someone wanting us to believe he is Dr Schiller.

Ok Bill the jig is up.

Bill is not here to promote doctors I agree.

However, I believe Bill is a shill for aloe vera.

Thats right! Have you seen how many times he has reccommended that stuff??

I believe he is a king pin in the Aloe vera industry & is part owner of a huge Aloe plantation in the Southwest.

So everytime you take his reccommendation & buy Aloe, you are putting $$ in Bill's pocket! icon_biggrin.gif

I think you guys are right. I can't imagine that crap coming from his moulth.

I have been researching this guy all day and you know I hate everyone.

Also TomA refers to a Dr. Shilling. Pehaps he is confused ?

A hair on the head is worth two on the brush.

I don't work for commision.. I bust e'm for free. Thank me later.

It's Schiller. I was typing too fast.

--

My Hair Loss Weblog