A Plastic Surgeon's Review of Dr. Pathomvanich

TomA

--Posted with the permission of Jeffrey Schiller, M.D.--

I recently found out that Dr. Jeff Schiller has had three surgeries with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich; the third was in October 2006. Dr Schiller is an oculofacial plastic surgeon in New York and New Jersey. I got to wondering why a plastic surgeon in New York would travel all the way to Thailand to have hair replacement surgery. I figured that money was probably NOT the reason.

I managed to get in touch with Dr. Schiller who turned out to be an incredibly friendly and helpful guy! He gave me permission to use his name and post his comments. Here is our conversation:

ME: "Can you tell me why you chose that particular clinic?"

Dr. Schiller: "I am friends with the president of the Thai plastic surgery society, and he recommended Dr. Pathomvanich. Dr. P is trained in the US and has excellent credentials. He teaches at the world hair transplant meetings."

ME: "Also, are you still happy with your results now that more time has passed?"

Dr Schiller: "The longer the time goes by, the happier I am. My last procedure was October, so it is just maturing now. The result is amazing."

ME: "I'm not sure how many grafts you had, but do you believe that Dr. Pathomvanich would be an appropriate choice for a very large transplant session?"

Dr Schiller: "Absolutely. I think there are more people working on you there than here. About 6 were dissecting hairs all day. I had three megasessions lasting all day."

ME: "And probably the most important question I could ask you specifically as a cosmetic surgeon: How well did your scar heal? Is it visible at this point?"

Dr. Schiller: "There is no scar at all, even after three megasessions. I think the treatment there is as luxurious and professional as you can find anywhere. I am sure you will be very happy. Of course any procedure and surgeon has risks and complications, but Dr. P's operation is run at the highest international standard and he really knows his stuff! Let me know what you decide and how it goes. Bangkok is a fascinating fun place to visit, if you haven't been there."

ME: I asked Dr. Schiller a follow up question about how long my session would last, because I was concerned that the scheduled time might be too short given that he said that his surgery took all day.

Dr. Schiller: "It's not odd. Dr. Damkerng is the real deal. No marketing BS. If he says he can do it, he can. Maybe he has a bigger staff doing the megamega session procedure. There were four people planting the hairs in my head for at least a few hours. At least six cutting the grafts... I have discussed my treatment with other docs here in NY who do the procedure or are aware of how it is done, and I know that I got the best! I am quite sure that you will be happy with Dr. Damkerng. Please tell him we were in contact if you see him, and send him my best wishes. I probably will be back in Bkk sometime this year or next so he can get the final "after" picture. It belongs on the site; my result is fantastic."

We went on to discuss our past and future travels in SE Asia, but that was the conversation we had about Dr. Pathomvanich and I thought it might be interesting to the readers of this forum.

TomA

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

--Posted with the permission of Jeffrey Schiller, M.D.--

I recently found out that Dr. Jeff Schiller has had three surgeries with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich; the third was in October 2006. Dr Schiller is an oculofacial plastic surgeon in New York and New Jersey. I got to wondering why a plastic surgeon in New York would travel all the way to Thailand to have hair replacement surgery. I figured that money was probably NOT the reason.

I managed to get in touch with Dr. Schiller who turned out to be an incredibly friendly and helpful guy! He gave me permission to use his name and post his comments. Here is our conversation:

ME: "Can you tell me why you chose that particular clinic?"

Dr. Schiller: "I am friends with the president of the Thai plastic surgery society, and he recommended Dr. Pathomvanich. Dr. P is trained in the US and has excellent credentials. He teaches at the world hair transplant meetings."

ME: "Also, are you still happy with your results now that more time has passed?"

Dr Schiller: "The longer the time goes by, the happier I am. My last procedure was October, so it is just maturing now. The result is amazing."

ME: "I'm not sure how many grafts you had, but do you believe that Dr. Pathomvanich would be an appropriate choice for a very large transplant session?"

Dr Schiller: "Absolutely. I think there are more people working on you there than here. About 6 were dissecting hairs all day. I had three megasessions lasting all day."

ME: "And probably the most important question I could ask you specifically as a cosmetic surgeon: How well did your scar heal? Is it visible at this point?"

Dr. Schiller: "There is no scar at all, even after three megasessions. I think the treatment there is as luxurious and professional as you can find anywhere. I am sure you will be very happy. Of course any procedure and surgeon has risks and complications, but Dr. P's operation is run at the highest international standard and he really knows his stuff! Let me know what you decide and how it goes. Bangkok is a fascinating fun place to visit, if you haven't been there."

ME: I asked Dr. Schiller a follow up question about how long my session would last, because I was concerned that the scheduled time might be too short given that he said that his surgery took all day.

Dr. Schiller: "It's not odd. Dr. Damkerng is the real deal. No marketing BS. If he says he can do it, he can. Maybe he has a bigger staff doing the megamega session procedure. There were four people planting the hairs in my head for at least a few hours. At least six cutting the grafts... I have discussed my treatment with other docs here in NY who do the procedure or are aware of how it is done, and I know that I got the best! I am quite sure that you will be happy with Dr. Damkerng. Please tell him we were in contact if you see him, and send him my best wishes. I probably will be back in Bkk sometime this year or next so he can get the final "after" picture. It belongs on the site; my result is fantastic."

We went on to discuss our past and future travels in SE Asia, but that was the conversation we had about Dr. Pathomvanich and I thought it might be interesting to the readers of this forum.

TomA

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

TomA,

I'm not quite sure I understand the point of this post.

Are you considering Dr. Pathomvanich for surgery? I'm also not familiar with Dr. Schiller (I know you explained who he is) and don't know if there are any before/after pictures of him posted anywhere...but a few things from this conversation that I don't like.

The answers given to your questions are very vague.

Examples

1. "The result is amazing"

Can we see the result? Where are some before/after pictures

2. "I had three megasessions lasting all day." Three megasessions in one day? Or three megasessions at different times? What does he consider a megasession? How many grafts/hairs did he have for each surgery?

3. "There is no scar at all". That's just a blatant lie. Surgery will ALWAYS have scarring. Now if he said "the scar isn't visible with my hair at this length", that would be acceptable. Of course, I'd still ask more specifically, what length the sides and back of his hair is, and at what point IS the scar visible?

4. "Dr. Damkerng is the real deal. No marketing BS. If he says he can do it, he can" What is the "real deal". What does he consider marketing? The answers Dr. Schiller gave you seem more like marketing to me than any specifics.

5. "I know that I got the best!" Really? Is he proclaiming this doctor as the best in the world? That's quite a claim!

Anyway...there are a lot more general statements made, but I think you get the point.

If you are considering surgery with Dr. Pathomvanich, don't go by someone's general proclamations. Go with specifics.

Here's what you should be looking for:

1. Look for specific experiences and Before/progression/after pictures posted by real patients, not just the clinic. If you can't find any, then do not go to this doctor. It doesn't mean he is bad...it just means that you are taking an unnecessary risk.

2. Look for consistency of results. Do not use one patient as an example...look for many patients and view their results

3. Graft and/or hair counts of the surgeries performed by whomever doctor you are researching. If norwood 5 patients are only ever receiving maximum of 2000 grafts, then there is something wrong. Session size limits should be based on individual physiology of the patient and not a doctor set limit. This shows limitations in skill, technique, tools, etc.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Bill, you may think you are thoughtful and inquiring, but you are a complete asshole.

I really do not have the time to spend aswereing peoples questions about Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich in Bangkok.

My result is amazing. You don't like that answer? F YOU.

I am a plastic surgeon. There is essentially no scar.

I have seen his work. He is great.

I have discussed my care there with plastic surgeons in the field, and others familiar with it. My care was as good or likely BETTER than what occurs here in the US.

Hi Doc---- here at the hair transplant network there are those who hold doctors up on a pedestal and believe that they can do no wrong.

However, every now and then an inconsiderate, foul mouthed, wanker like you shows up and puts things in perspective.

I certainly hope with your medical degree you catch my meaning right?

Look up manners, couth, and common courtesy when you get the chance.

As far as "asshole", well there is only one person making stink here, and it isn't Bill.

I hope you find peace inside my angry friend.

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Bill, the point seems to be that he is doing a little advertising here.

It is far different from the way most of us post our surgery/surgeons reviews.

We all have a little bias toward our own Doctors, probably because we are hapy with our procedure.

But the approach taken by Dr. J. with the Q & A with his surgeon is a bit more commercial sounding.

Your questions to his post seems to have put him in the hot seat & he didnt know how to reply so he had to sink to insulting you.

Sorry for that.

But now Dr.J has lost all credability for the Dr. he is trying to promote & of course himself!

It's kinda scary to think this man is a plastic surgeon! icon_eek.gif

Bill, I have always appreciated your answers, but I think you're being a little tough here. In fact, I do respect your opinions, and I want to apologize in advance if the following comments seem to be acrimonious in any way. I do not mean them to be offensive.

First, the point is that this forum is called "Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews". This is a Surgeon Review based on a Hair Transplant Experience that a real plastic surgeon had. That seems pretty relevant to the topic, so I guess I don't understand your point either.

Here are some comments on your comments:

1. Why would he post pictures? I contacted him--completely blindly--to ask about his results, not the other way around. I'm happy to have gotten a response. I'm sure he has better things to do.

2. He told me that the last was around 2600--if I remember correctly. Please remember that he did not craft his responses to fit the format that is used on this board. Before I talked to him, I'm pretty sure he'd never heard of this site before. I also didn't ask if they were all in one day, but who would ask that? Frankly that would be a bit like asking an astronaut whether their three trips to the moon were all in one week. I think we can assume that they were on different days--probably different years. Did you really want me to ask him this?

3. A BLATANT LIE? Oh come on. Even I took offense at that comment. This isn't the hair surgeon speaking officially. It's the patient of the surgeon speaking casually to some guy he never met by email. At another point in our conversation he said, "there is no significant scar". Certainly I have seen photos in which I can see no scar at all, even when the hair is lifted up. In any event, I'm not going to presume to contact someone like this out of the blue and then proceed to pepper them with accusatory questions. If a facial plastic surgeon tells me he's happy with his own scar, I give that quite a bit of weight. Yes, even if I don't have a photo.

4. Well, marketing would be: advertising, promotional material, direct mail, flashy websites, even coalition membership. What Dr. Shiller gave me is called "word of mouth". (FYI: I, personally, am a business administration professor that teaches marketing and advertising.) The tone of this comment specifically seems to be one of suspicion. I'm not sure where that comes from. Do you think that this guy is somehow supplementing his NYC plastic surgery gig by shilling for Dr. Path in Thailand?

5. Combining the quality of results with the level of service he received I think he's saying that his results are equal to the best, yes. Most people talk about having surgery in India/Asia like this: "Well, I would like do it in the US, but I can save money in Asia." That's what I am used to hearing. But this case struck me...

What's the average salary of a plastic surgeon in New York City? Especially one that can limit his practice to "face only"? Can we agree that it is pretty high? I thought this case was especially interesting because it is unlikely that a person at that income level would take the time to travel to Thailand three times (yes, I'm assuming three separate trips) just to save an amount of money that would certainly be insignificant in relation to his income. To me, it was obvious that this was not your average case and I thought that many others might be interested in my conversation. I still believe that, notwithstanding your comments.

(An aside: Several other people have commented on the experience itself being better there--yes, a minor point relative to the actual results, but interesting nonetheless. "Surf" on another board is an example. I recently saw a quote in Lonely Planet about the "legendary hospitality" in Thailand, and have experienced it myself on several occasions. The place is different from anywhere else I've been in a way that cannot be fully understood without actually going there. But I digress... results are king and I will leave this comment at that.)

1a. There are photos on other sites. I think I'm not supposed to post the names here, but they are easy to find.

2a. There are a number of people here who have been to him, and he was invited by Pat to apply to be added to the recommended list. He has a 2.5 month waiting list.

3a. I know that he has done sessions up to 4600.

I have always appreciated and benefited from your comments here. Your points are well taken and perhaps this level of--let's say forcefulness--might be appropriate if Dr. Path had come here himself and posted this information. But I have no agenda--and have only been at this for a few weeks and you know that. I've never met Dr. Path. This doctor I spoke with is a real plastic surgeon in NJ and I contacted him blindly. His bio is below. Again, in stark textual terms this post may come across as discourteous and overly harsh and I would again like to assure you that that is not my intent.

Jeffrey Schiller, MD, is an alumnus of Yale University, and a graduate of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. He trained in ophthalmic and facial plastic surgery in New York City and Paris, France. He is Board Certified by the American Academy of Ophthalmology. He has taught advanced eye surgery in twelve countries in Africa, Asia, and South America as part of Project Orbis, an international surgical teaching program based on a DC-10 aircraft.

Dr. Schiller is Clinical Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, where he is involved in training graduate surgeons in ophthalmic plastic surgery. He lectures and presents new techniques at local and international professional conferences. His practice is limited to cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the eyelids, lacrimal system, and orbit, and face, and he has been in practice for over 11 years. Dr. Schiller uses the most advanced laser and endoscopic techniques to correct the changes of aging, and to perform reconstructive surgery after injuries and cancer.

Dr. Schiller has offices in New York City, Edison, NJ, and West Orange, NJ. Cosmetic surgery is performed in our state-of-the-art office surgical suites at the West Orange location, as well as at the New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, and at a number of other outpatient surgical facilities and hospitals depending on the patient's preference and location.

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by folica:

Bill, the point seems to be that he is doing a little advertising here.

It is far different from the way most of us post our surgery/surgeons reviews.

We all have a little bias toward our own Doctors, probably because we are hapy with our procedure.

But the approach taken by Dr. Tom with the Q & A with his surgeon is a bit more commercial sounding.

Your questions to his post seems to have put him in the hot seat & he didnt know how to reply so he had to sink to insulting you.

Sorry for that.

But now Dr. Tom has lost all credability for the Dr. he is trying to promote & of course himself!

It's kinda scary to think this man is a plastic surgeon! icon_eek.gif

Um, you are confused:

1. I questioned a patient casually, not the surgeon--who has nothing to do with this. The patient happened to be a doctor.

2. My responses are shown above. I worked on them for a long time and there were no responses here--other than Bill's--when I started.

3. I am not DoctorJ10011. I asked Dr. Schiller (a PATIENT) if I could post our conversation here and after I did, I sent him a link to it. He apparently took offense at some of Bill's comments and posted his own response to them.

4. I've never had any work done by anyone at this point.

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

Look, the conversation sounds strange because of how it happened. There is nothing nefarious going on here. I submitted four questions through the form on Dr. Schiller's web site and he quoted them back with his responses. That is exactly how I asked the questions and exactly how he answered them. I made up the questions myself based on what I personally wanted to know. They were my questions and I take sole responsibility for them, good or bad. After briefly introducing myself, the questions were posed exactly like this, all in a row:

Can you tell me why you chose that particular clinic?

Also, are you still happy with your results now that more time had passed?

I'm not sure how many grafts you had, but do you believe that Dr. Pathomvanich would be an appropriate choice for a very large transplant session?

And probably the most important question I could ask you specifically as a cosmetic surgeon: How well did your scar heal? Is it visible at this point?

I followed up in a second email with the question about the timing.

Look, all he was trying to do was provide me with information that I asked for and then proceeded to share with the readers of this site. His response was harsh, but he got dragged into defending himself here through no fault of his own. Frankly I can understand a response like that when he was called a "blatant liar" which was also uncalled for IMHO.

And everyone would do well to keep this in mind: Dr. Shiller had no idea that I would post his comments here when I asked them (and neither did I). It wasn't until several emails later that I asked for and received permission from him to post them.

Let's keep things in perspective here: If your first introduction to a web site that you provided honest, helpful comments to was to be called a blatant liar and (indirectly) a shill, what would your reaction be?

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

To Quote Thurston Howell III -

" Quite obviously a Yale man ."

Guess he wasn't on the debating team . I can only imagine how he handles "problem patients".

A hair on the head is worth two on the brush.

I don't work for commision.. I bust e'm for free. Thank me later.

Oh yes, you are most assuredly a plastic surgeon doctorj. No doubt about it. Why would anyone doubt for a second the truthfulness of your character. I mean, really, anyone with even slightly more than a trailer park education can easily discern your credentials from your detailed, poetic, and verbally manicured posts. Oh yes, no doubt. Now, forgive me, but I'm climbing Mt. Everest this afternoon before my appointment with the Prime Minister of Finland.

The leg bones connected to the thigh bone....the thigh bones connected to the leg bone.........wait.....where's the bullshit bone connected again?

pushing40:

Well, there is always Google.

(You did bother to make a search to determine the correctness of your assumptions before posting them, right? I mean you have a name, an occupation and a place. It's not rocket science.)

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

This thread needs to stop.....

TomA--- your post could easily be considered a thinly veiled marketing ploy--- it is the job of this community to act upon these issues and try to ascertain the validity of your posts. Bill was well within his rights to question some of the answers you received and posted.

Things were going well until a certain crude and uninformed post showed up.

I am glad that you are sharing your experiences with us about Dr. P, there is no problem there whatsoever.

Furthermore, I am glad that you are willing to share your patient to patient experiences with us as well.

However, we need some before and after pics to begin assessing the level of work Dr. P is providing.

It is my hope that you will share your experiences thru written word and post-op pics.

As far as DoctorJ is concerned, I have seen and heard enough of him as of right now. His experiences mean very little without proof, regardless of his profession. This is NOT an attack on his character, as you and he both seem to feel.

Remember, what is good for some is not good for others.

My suggestion is this: Make your decision.... take before and afters and share your journey with us, documenting your results.

It seems your trying to reconcile going to Dr. P with us, which will be difficult because we have seen very little of his work.

Anyway, I appreciate your research and your sharing it with us.

I hope you will continue to do so.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Well since you brought it up.

Dr. Jeffery Schiller is not Board certified in any disapline nor does he have any subcertifactions.

See N.J. Health care profile.

Originally posted by Aquarius:

Dr. Jeffery Schiller is not Board certified in any disapline nor does he have any subcertifactions.

--VS--

American Academy of Ophthalmology:

Jeffrey D Schiller MD... Certification: Amer Board Ophthalmology - 1987

http://www.aao.org/find_eyemd.cfm?V_CUSTOMER=00023145&FUSEACTION=PROFILE

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hi B.

Surf on the other site finally posted a few follow up pics--did you have a chance to see them?

Originally posted by the B spot:

TomA--- your post could easily be considered a thinly veiled marketing ploy---

I can see how one might think that, and I hope that any concerns along those lines have been put to rest.

it is the job of this community to act upon these issues and try to ascertain the validity of your posts. Bill was well within his rights to question some of the answers you received and posted.

Again, I agree to a point, as long as things to do not become accusatory--as least not right off the bat!

This is NOT an attack on his character, as you and he both seem to feel.

Thanks.

Sage advice. It deserves repeating. I hope that we can ALL remember it.

My suggestion is this: Make your decision.... take before and afters and share your journey with us, documenting your results.

Good suggestion!

It seems your trying to reconcile going to Dr. P with us

Not at all, though it must seem that way from your end. I am obviously doing a LOT of research on him right now, and when I come across something I haven't seen here, I try to relate it to the group.

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

If thats true he needs to update his profile at the licencing board in N.J.

Regardless it has nothing to do with plastic surgery.

A plumber cannot wire your house.

Um.

He specializes in plastic surgery of the EYE.

...sigh...

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

TomA - I stand corrected . Yup certified in 87.

I appologize for that one. Actually he has hospital priv too.

Just alot of guys with ginned up credentials running around lately.

Wow...

Well this thread turned into something I did not expect.

Apparently B Spot, and pushing 40 (knowledgable veterans of this community), and also folica understood what I was saying and had reason to question such generic responses.

There is really not much point to address everything said here point by point...but I'll make additional remarks:

TomA,

I respect your opinion and know you are here to learn...but what you are failing to see here is that specifics are EVERYTHING when you are considering a hair transplant surgeon.

Please understand...I'm NOT stating that you have an agenda here. So let's throw that out the door. My comments were to make YOU think and educate the readers of this thread that generalizations are not good enough for a decision to jump into surgery.

My post was out of desire to help you make a decision out of specific information not infomercial matieral. Now I appreciate that you took the time to ask these questions...but if these are the ONLY responses you received, then it is simply not enough to go by to make an educated decision.

A real plastic surgeon? I'm sorry if I don't trust doctors like you do. There are a lot of REAL hair transplant doctors still using plugs, mini/micro grafts, and GOOD HEAVENS, the Fleming/Meyer Flap!!!! They are destroying patients. So you'll have to forgive me if I DON'T take a REAL doctors word for it...

If this doctor's speech "sold" you, then you would never have had to come here (not saying we don't want you here...try to understand). You could have gone to Bosley or MHR who do a great job with stating the generalizations.

Whether or not the doctor posts pictures here...it is up to YOU to view photos. I could care less if I see the photos...but I'm trying to steer you in the right direction brother.

Stating there is NO SCAR with surgery is a blatant lie...bottom line. Perhaps it was not intended as such, so I'm sorry if that was the offensive statement in the mix...but it simply isn't true. It is deceiving and not just YOU but the other READERS of this community have a right to know the truth. All surgery causes scarring...any doctor that says otherwise is a liar.

And wow...

So this doctorj10011 is the REAL plastic surgeon that gave you general answers to your questions that you are going to trust before you jump in the chair? Even if you did blindly trust him (which I am trying to show above isn't the best idea), his use of profanity and providing more generalizations certainly just destroyed any credibility he could have had, IMO.

DoctorJ10011 aka Dr. Schiller,

Instead of whining like a baby and cursing me off because you didn't like my post, why don't you rise to the challenge and post your results on this community?

And then instead of addressing this community with specifics even after you cursed me off, your response was "I have seen his work. He is great". OH...NOW I get it. You say he's great...so I should believe your word...I get it! (sarcasm for those who couldn't taste it) Do you even understand what this community is about? It's about educating and empowering patients so they can make educated decisions based on specific evidence of a doctor's work...NOT the generalities of some clown that curses someone off on their first post.

So let it be clear everyone...that Dr. Schillers response to my post to TomA, instead of providing the specifics of his surgery so all perspective patients can see, is "You don't like that answer? F YOU". Very professional doctor. I'll be sure to send anybody needing plastic surgery your way!

You could have easily understood that my intention was to help TomA and responded with specifics. Instead you decided to insult me. Wow...profound.

Everyone,

Forgive me sarcasm...but the bottom line is this...

When considering a physician...do NOT take someone's word for it...no matter who they are. I say this for your benefit...the members and readers of this community. Look for REAL results posted by REAL patients. Make your decision based on consistency of positive results seen. Otherwise, you are taking a crap shoot and who knows what the outcome will be.

Cheers bros!

Bill

• Administrators
My result is amazing. You don't like that answer? F YOU.

Clearly Doctorj's use of the English language is more than a bit ugly and in desperate need of some "nip tuck".

But I can understand his passionate support for Dr. Pathomvanich. In my opinion, Dr. Pathomvanich does excellent work and is a first class act. Others, including Dr. Wong, feel the same way about him and his work.

I spoke with Dr. Pathomvanich a couple of days ago about presenting/recommending him on this community. However, being a perfectionist, he told me he wanted to overhaul his website before attracting more attention.

I can't wait to present him to the world on this community. He's got all the signs of a gem in the rough. In the mean time, I encourage anyone who wants an excellent hair transplant surgery at $2 a graft to consider him.

Let's not associate Dr. Pathomvanich's good name and rep with this kind of a controversy.

I believe Tom A was trying to share some useful information and Bill was just asking for more clarification and details, especially since Tom A seems a to be making a new hobby out of starting new threads promoting Dr. Pathomvanich on this forum.

Tom, in my book Dr. Pathomvanich is not controversial. But your many new topics regarding him, while virtually none about other leading surgeons, does make me question what your motivation is. Tom let's keep the press releases off this educational forum and let Dr. Pathomvanich's patients post about their first hand experiences if and when they choose to do so.

Peace and lots of hair.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with passionate support...

But detailed information (experiences, pictures, graft/hair counts, etc) is what will ultimately determine the quality of the clinic. That was really my whole point in questioning these generalities.

So in a nutshell...what I am REALLY asking for here is just what Pat will be posting soon enough...detailed information and photos.

Generalities are solicitations...they aren't beneficial.

I do hope that real patients of Dr. Pathomvanich will post their results so our community can get a better picture of what his clinic can do.

Bill

I did see the results of Surf's results, and while I think they are OK, it seems surf's existing hair was shocked out as a result of his surgery.

I do believe his existing hair was due to go anyway, so the point is moot.

I don't wish to sugar coat my feelings on Dr. P, I think he is a GOOD surgeon and possibly worthy of our Recommended Surgeons List.

However, I think there are some better choices, but that is for you to decide.

(This is based solely on not knowing enough about him)

I think should you choose Dr. P and then choose another doc, such as Dr. Wong, you will understand the difference.

I want you to know that I wish you well in your choice of doc and I hope you continue to share your experiences with us.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs