ROGAINE FOAM..

ninjathen

Have been using Rogaine foam for about two years now..It is pretty cost effective,about 12 bucks a month..

I know it is generally effective in the crown area,but am I wasting my time using it in the front of the scalp?

Both my HTS were done in the front so there is hair visible there..I heard, and I dont know how true this is, that the reason it is not that effective in the front is that the scalp is a different texture in the front then in the back..

Meaning,minoxidil does not absorb well in the front as it does in the crown..Has anybody heard of this? Thank you...

Ninjathen,

I'm going to quote Dr. Beehner again for you because he put it very well when he said:

Does Rogaine and Propecia Treat Hair Loss in the Front of the Balding Scalp?

The whole issue of hair loss drugs such as Propecia / Proscar (finasteride) or Rogaine (minoxidil) only working in the crown/vertex region of the scalp for hair loss is totally false. The reason these two companies have to say that in their advertising is that the studies they conducted on these hair loss medications were done in those areas, and, because of the strict rules of the FDA, one can only say hair loss drugs work in the area in which you studied it. I have had many, many hair restoration patients given either or both hair loss treatments who have benefited in all other areas of the scalp, including the mid scalp on top, the frontal region, and even rarely in the balding recessions in front.

Topical minoxidil and oral finasteride do work synergistically, but I find most male hair loss sufferers aren't motivated enough or willing to invest the money into taking both. Research also shows that the prescription-strength Nizoral shampoo or Revita Shampoo in the form of 2% ketoconazole may also have a slight chance to regrow hair also.

I'm still somewhat of a skeptic on laser therapy devices such as the laser comb and would want to see far more convincing proof before making it a routine hair restoration recommendation in my practice.

ninjathen,

I don't know if you've tried minoxidil in front, but it does work. I have experienced this and the higher strengths such as 15% minoxidil, work even better, but as I said in your previous post, the hair follicles are genetically pre-disposed to miniaturize, and chemical action can only do so much.

take care...