wearing a system during recovery??

Hello,I am a new member here and this is my 1st post.I am scheduled to have my 1st surgery on the 28th.1900 graphs,to fill in my recession.I have looked through this forum and cant find any post about this yet,so I thought I would just try.For the past 9 yrs I have worn a hair system from HCM.I have been told that 5 days after my surgery,I can put my system back on to wear until my new hair grows out enough.They have done the same for many of the members there,and it seems to work well.They have the systems ordered larger then normal and then they can be just clipped to my natural hair,and removed for cleaning,etc...This way the transition will go unnoticed. My question is has anyone else done this and if so can you respond with any advice?

Thank you for your time.

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

Hello,I am a new member here and this is my 1st post.I am scheduled to have my 1st surgery on the 28th.1900 graphs,to fill in my recession.I have looked through this forum and cant find any post about this yet,so I thought I would just try.For the past 9 yrs I have worn a hair system from HCM.I have been told that 5 days after my surgery,I can put my system back on to wear until my new hair grows out enough.They have done the same for many of the members there,and it seems to work well.They have the systems ordered larger then normal and then they can be just clipped to my natural hair,and removed for cleaning,etc...This way the transition will go unnoticed. My question is has anyone else done this and if so can you respond with any advice?

Thank you for your time.

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

You may want to send a private message to a poster named Bushy. He did this. I think it would be better not to wear one but, if you give the recipient area time to heal, I think your grafts will be fine. 5 days seems pretty fast and you may still have some scabbing at that point................10-14 days seems more realistic to me.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

We've done this many times as well. Just be sure to remove your system daily, preferably as early in the afternoon as possible. Keep the recipient area very clean. You should be ok if you do this with care.

Good luck!

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

scooter,

Welcome to our community,

As Joe said, this can be done, but proceed with caution.

In addition, I'd advise not to wear the system for the first 9 days and/or until the scabs are gone from the recipient area, whichever comes last. It's also a good idea to let the area breathe from time to time.

As Hairbank said, PM Bushy...he can give you all the ins and outs of this process since he did this after his first HT.

Cheers,

Bill

This is a great inquiry since most patients cannot simply ditch a system right after surgery. I fully agree with the above comments. I would add that you should probably avoid wearing the system as much as possible (in the privacy of your home, in situations where you can hear a hat or cap, etc). As previously stated, recipient cleanliness is key. How is the system being applied to your scalp?

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

thank you everyone for your replies.I just want to be prepared for the transition.I am geting anxious and excited,but also nervous.but also this forum is helping me out.also they say that the system will just be clipped to my existing hair.I am also taking propecia.

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

I think what will help me out as far as the healing process and wearing the system is the fact that I will be on vacation for ten more days after my HT.I probably wont need to worry much about wearing my system until I go back to work.This should give myself enough time for the scabs to heal up.I hope.

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

• 2 weeks later...

Scooter, I rarely post, usually just read othes' posts, but I wanted to respond to your post because I too went back to wearing a piece after my surgery. I had my procedure done in late April (with Dr. Rose), and after 10 days I shaved off the newly transplanted hairs and went back to wearing the piece (I do a daily attachment with tape). My plan is to wait another couple months and then switch to a larger piece using clips and let the new hair grow for a few months, then go in for a very short haircut and (hopefully) noone will know that I just transitioned from a piece to real hair.