$100 grafts!

Yes, it's true!

I had about 150 grafts from MHR in 1995. At this time, the grafts were about $20 each. I threw about 75 down the drain the night of the transplant.

Now add $3000 for a forehead lift, $1000 for laser surgery, and I'm guessing about $5-10 for each one I'll have removed by FUE later this year or next. That means about $100 for each of the grafts I had left the first night after the surgery.

Of course, all of the comments from people about the pluggy looking grafts were free.

Yes, it's true!

I had about 150 grafts from MHR in 1995. At this time, the grafts were about $20 each. I threw about 75 down the drain the night of the transplant.

Now add $3000 for a forehead lift, $1000 for laser surgery, and I'm guessing about $5-10 for each one I'll have removed by FUE later this year or next. That means about $100 for each of the grafts I had left the first night after the surgery.

Of course, all of the comments from people about the pluggy looking grafts were free.

You can't put a dollar amount on the misery caused by a crummy-looking hair transplant. It's really frickin' awful to have to deal with.

The clinics who can't do excellent-looking work should have the decency to fold up their tents and stop damaging people. But there is too much money to be made, so I doubt they will do it voluntarily.

dodgedabullet,

Is FUE your only option or is it your by choice? You mention the $$$ that's why I am asking, not because I want to get into the FUE vs Strip discussion.

I had a few plug grafts removed, dissected, and re-transplanted along with the other grafts from my strip surgery in April. The remainder of the plugs were blended in with the grafts. I am just beginning to see a few hairs poking through now, so I don't have anyhting to show, but hope I can give you an update in a month or so.

Any questions, let me know.

Mr. T

Mr. T

Steve21,

I don't yet have a digital camera. Actually, most of the bad grafts were removed with the forehead lift, so only a few stray ones remain.

MrT,

I decided on FUE because there are only a few grafts that won't be hidden by Shapiro's excellent work that I had in Dec.

East Coast,

A forehead lift is a surgical procedure, usually part of a facelift, that can also be used in corrective surgery to remove aesthetically unpleasing hairline grafts.

Hi Dodgedabullet, did you have a forehead lift to exclusively remove large plugs or to raise your existing hairline in preparation for future hairline work as not to make it too low? Is this a similar procedure to say a linear plug excision where the person Dean got his hairline excised?

Omy,

I had the forehead lift both to remove pluggy grafts AND raise the hairline. It sounds similar to a linear excision. I would say the laser surgery improved the scar at least 50%, and I may go for another session.