Minox Application

Ty

Hey guys,

I started using Minox 5% about 1.5 months ago, but stopped using it about two weeks in. Prior to using minox my hair line was failing only on one side and now, after stopping, I am seeing loss on the other side.

The main reason for my termination of minox was the application. Every time that I used the stuff my hair would be all greasy and I couldn't get it to look good; it just made my recession all the more noticable. Do you guys have any thoughts/suggestions about how one should go about applying this stuff?

Hey guys,

I started using Minox 5% about 1.5 months ago, but stopped using it about two weeks in. Prior to using minox my hair line was failing only on one side and now, after stopping, I am seeing loss on the other side.

The main reason for my termination of minox was the application. Every time that I used the stuff my hair would be all greasy and I couldn't get it to look good; it just made my recession all the more noticable. Do you guys have any thoughts/suggestions about how one should go about applying this stuff?

Ty,

We are all in the same boat as you buddy. If you're worried about the application making your recession more noticeable than concealers like Toppik/Dermatch will help. It looks like there are advancements in the Minoxidil department to look forward to in future. It appears that Dr Lee of http://www.minioxidil.com is perfecting a 12.5% non-greasy quick dry solution that should be ready in the near future!

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

We'll the latest news I have heard about with the 12.5% lotion from Dr Lee can be read at the end of the product description:

http://www.minoxidil.com/12.5_1.htm

This quote indicates that he may be still working on it:

Until I can solve this dilemma, and until I can be confident that I am offering a 12.5% Minoxidil Solution that meets all of the same criteria of the original samples of 8 March 2005, Regrowth, LLC will not accept orders for the product.

At this point in time, I cannot give an estimate as to when the 12.5% Minoxidil Solution will be available. I hope to solve the instability problem in the near future

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

Personally minox 5% didn't do anything for me but make my scalp itch and make it greasy. Application is annoying and doesn't feel good. But it does work for some people. It's all a matter of what works.

Though I do know that when you first start applying minox, it's possible to experience some shedding initially until the medicine starts to work. It's a risk either way...but it may just be normal shedding. But once you use minox...anything you regain will be lost if you stop using it.

Bill