Are my expectations reasonable?

Hello Everyone,

I am a newbie in this forum, but have been following all the topics of this forum for last 1 year as part of my research for my HT which is scheduled on this monday (May-12-2008) with Dr.Feller. This forum helped me alot to choose my doctor and in all other aspects of my research on my HT.

I thought, this would be a great idea to share my expecations with all of you and get your openions before explaining them to my Dr. on my procedure day.

When i spoke to Dr.Feller at my consultation, here are the points i got from him.

1. I have very dense donor area (Even he commented that he never saw that much density for any other Asian Head)

2. I have less laxity

3. I have 1 and 1/2 inch larger head than other asian head.

He suggested me 2500 to 3000 grafts for my first HT to cover the ZONE 1 (Frontal Part) as shown in the picture

and told me that he can take upto 3500 grafts.

I am a temporary resident in US, so i do knot know wether i can go for my second HT or not in the future.So i want to cover my head as much as possible in a single HT. I do not want to go to some other dr. in the future at some other place.

I want to get covered next zone (2) as shown in picture (Mid scalp and around the crown) in my first HT. If my donor area could produce 4000+ grafts, can my zone 2 be covered. Is it possible with that graft count to get fairly good density?

Can It be possible to produce 4000+ grafts from a good dense donor area?

Am i expecting resonably?

Experts adive please.........

Estimate.JPG.7e3b5db94f4dd4ebdf646b09e62236ee.JPG

Hello Everyone,

I am a newbie in this forum, but have been following all the topics of this forum for last 1 year as part of my research for my HT which is scheduled on this monday (May-12-2008) with Dr.Feller. This forum helped me alot to choose my doctor and in all other aspects of my research on my HT.

I thought, this would be a great idea to share my expecations with all of you and get your openions before explaining them to my Dr. on my procedure day.

When i spoke to Dr.Feller at my consultation, here are the points i got from him.

1. I have very dense donor area (Even he commented that he never saw that much density for any other Asian Head)

2. I have less laxity

3. I have 1 and 1/2 inch larger head than other asian head.

He suggested me 2500 to 3000 grafts for my first HT to cover the ZONE 1 (Frontal Part) as shown in the picture

and told me that he can take upto 3500 grafts.

I am a temporary resident in US, so i do knot know wether i can go for my second HT or not in the future.So i want to cover my head as much as possible in a single HT. I do not want to go to some other dr. in the future at some other place.

I want to get covered next zone (2) as shown in picture (Mid scalp and around the crown) in my first HT. If my donor area could produce 4000+ grafts, can my zone 2 be covered. Is it possible with that graft count to get fairly good density?

Can It be possible to produce 4000+ grafts from a good dense donor area?

Am i expecting resonably?

Experts adive please.........

3000 Grafts for zone 1 sounds about right for good density and coverage of the front. If you go with less grafts there and try to spread them out, you will probably not be happy with the density.

If he can get another 1000, then he could go another inch into zone 2 which would help connect the front to the sides.

I would listen to Dr. Feller. Tell him to take as many grafts as safely possible,

RK,

The average hair transplant patient has approximately between 5000-7000 grafts available via strip.

I am thinking this range is pretty accurate based on the average of 80 follicular unit grafts per sq cm, a 30 cm long and between 2 to 3cm wide strip.

Of course these numbers will vary depending on donor hair density, scalp elasticity and how far past the ears the strip is taken.

That said, if you have good donor density and laxity, you very well could accomplish your goals in zone 1 and 2 most likely in two surgical passes (in very rare cases maybe one).

Take a look at these two comparison pictures before any surgery and then after 7550 follicular unit grafts in 3 sessions. I was able to cover everything. Even though my results are still a bit thin, I'd be completely bald now if it wasn't for surgery.

7241081873_before-after.jpg

I hope this helps.

Bill

before-after.jpg

rk, you're gonna need at least 3k in zone one. and if your laxity isn't great it might be tough for him to get another 1k. i would expect to have at least 2 surgeries.

if he can get another 1k i'd say you'd have decent coverage in zone 2--not super dense, but at least it'll cover the entire area.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com