Can FU's not take after almost 3 months?

Here's is my question ....I had surgery with Dr.Limmer on 2/11/02.The past 2 days 5/3,5/4 I have rubbed my head and rubbed a spot on my transplanted area that felt like a pimple or felt like a dried up pimple.I rubbed and out came a "Single"hair along with what I thought was a dried pimple or whatever it is.Did anyone ever have that happen to them and did the FU get ruined ??

Here's is my question ....I had surgery with Dr.Limmer on 2/11/02.The past 2 days 5/3,5/4 I have rubbed my head and rubbed a spot on my transplanted area that felt like a pimple or felt like a dried up pimple.I rubbed and out came a "Single"hair along with what I thought was a dried pimple or whatever it is.Did anyone ever have that happen to them and did the FU get ruined ??

• Administrators

Pd,

In my personal patient experience and in corresponding with others I find your concern to be very common.

Often when the crust and hairs shed, patients are often left wondering if the follicle was pulled out or dislodged. In a few cases, perhaps we do lose not just the hair but the actual follicle. But this is negligible.

Just do not be too agreesive too early on in cleaning and combing your scalp and you will be fine.

Congratulations again on your surgery with Dr. Limmer.

Pat

Thanks for reading this post. But it's your posts that make this discussion group real and vital. Please jump into the discussion. Just pick a topic and click the reply button.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

I agree with Pat. It sounds like you are shedding. At this point in time everything is already "set" in your scalp. You are not affecting the follicle.

Be gentle with your grafts anyway, though.

• 2 weeks later...

What you are experiencing is absolutely normal. Once the scalp has healed there is not much you can do to effect the growth of the grafts. Even if some hairs come out several months after the surgery, the follicles are still safe and alive . Also, often patients start having some pimple like lesions appear 2-3 months after the surgery. This is a sign that some action is happening and there will be hair growth soon. Hang in there and remain patient.

• 2 weeks later...

Doctor Glenn Charles last statement says it all with hair transplantation. "Patience"

I continue to tell myself that as I again await another surgery. I wish they grew in more quickly. I am now in the longer growth waiting because of the multiple surgeries. Oh to have a virgin scalp back again.