ROGAINE AND PROSCAR AND TEMPLE REGION AREA.....

tunaman

hi guys ive been on rogaine since jan of 2004.....whithin 4 months the frontal pattern baldness stopped and i could not see my scalp anymore......i was happier than a pig in shit but last summer i noticed scalp appearing on the temple regions so i went on proscar aug 24th of 2007....and im still using 5% rogaine.....but nothing is coming back....anyway im curious too hear your stories on the combination of rogaine and proscar...did it help your temple region?????....did it get worse on these 2 products????i think the rogaine stopped working for me not quit sure....anyway heres a pic of me....

DSCN0282.JPG.bcf9c09e9cd7ed060cf08113427c6f9c.JPG

hi guys ive been on rogaine since jan of 2004.....whithin 4 months the frontal pattern baldness stopped and i could not see my scalp anymore......i was happier than a pig in shit but last summer i noticed scalp appearing on the temple regions so i went on proscar aug 24th of 2007....and im still using 5% rogaine.....but nothing is coming back....anyway im curious too hear your stories on the combination of rogaine and proscar...did it help your temple region?????....did it get worse on these 2 products????i think the rogaine stopped working for me not quit sure....anyway heres a pic of me....

tunaman,

Nice shades brother icon_smile.gif

Propecia and Rogaine are proven for the crown but many swear by their efficacy in the hairline and temple areas as well. however, everyone resopnds differently to these medications. Though they might restore a good amount of hair in some, others may have lesser hair growth, or maybe none at all. Typically, these hair loss treatment solutions, especially when combined are pretty good at stopping the progression of male pattern baldness, but only a select few have significant hair regrowth.

The unknown factor here is - where would your hair loss be without them? Though they may not be regrowing all the lost hair, your hair loss could be much worse had you not be using these medications. Of course, there is also a possibility that your hair would be in the same shape if you weren't using Proscar and Rogaine, hence, the unknown factor.

In my opinion, unless you are experiencing side effects, you may want to consider continued use as it will give you the best chance of preventing future balding.

Best wishes,

Bill

tunaman,

by looking at your pics, it appears that you are a NW 1; when your hair is as short as it is, you are going to see some scalp; IMO you have no hairloss and have more hair than 99% of the people who post on this forum; I wouldn't mess with Rogaine for your situation; maybe just proscar as a preventative if it gives you piece of mind;

u cant see my scalp much when my head is shaved short like the pic.....BUT WHEN I GROW MY HAIR OUT.....U CAN DEFINETLY SEE SCALP.....IF IT STAYS AS IS....I WOULD BE HAPPY....I JUST DONT WANT TOO LOOSE ANY MORE.

PEACE BROS.

NW1 stands for Norwood 1. The Norwood scale is a hair loss scale people use to judge the progression of their hair loss.

If you want to keep what you got and you can afford it, start up on finasteride (the drug in propecia). But be aware, it's a life long commitment assuming you care about your hair for life.