Take a look at my hairline and make some recommendations

wylie

Well, in 6 weeks I have a procedure scheduled with someone I finally can trust in his ability to perform quality work. My problem is lack of donor sites. I have a harsh hairline, and believe me, I can make my hair look better in real life than it looks in these pictures.

These are "worst case scenario" pics. (hair is wet, and clumped, and also darker than normal, making for a bad contrast against my head) and it looks even worse on film than in real life (which aint saying much, I am aware)

It's been 7 years since my last session. If the work on my hairline gives it a more "soft" appearance over the harsh, pluggy look I'm now sporting it will be a success.

Furthermore, I plan on keeping my hair dyed blonde which lessens the contrast. I've felt totally screwed for years and am not about to get too excited, but anything is better than what I've been dealing with.

Based on the experience on this forum, is there anything in particular you'd recommend for the outer perimeter of my hairline? Again, I have limited donor sites to work with.I do think that Dr. Konior will make it look better regardless and that gives me some optimism I can feel normal again.

Here is my hairline after a shower:

HT2.jpg

Well, in 6 weeks I have a procedure scheduled with someone I finally can trust in his ability to perform quality work. My problem is lack of donor sites. I have a harsh hairline, and believe me, I can make my hair look better in real life than it looks in these pictures.

These are "worst case scenario" pics. (hair is wet, and clumped, and also darker than normal, making for a bad contrast against my head) and it looks even worse on film than in real life (which aint saying much, I am aware)

It's been 7 years since my last session. If the work on my hairline gives it a more "soft" appearance over the harsh, pluggy look I'm now sporting it will be a success.

Furthermore, I plan on keeping my hair dyed blonde which lessens the contrast. I've felt totally screwed for years and am not about to get too excited, but anything is better than what I've been dealing with.

Based on the experience on this forum, is there anything in particular you'd recommend for the outer perimeter of my hairline? Again, I have limited donor sites to work with.I do think that Dr. Konior will make it look better regardless and that gives me some optimism I can feel normal again.

Here is my hairline after a shower:

HT2.jpg

Dr. Konior does excellent work. Your hairline will look great after having a procedure with him.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

I went to Dr Konior for a consultation,since I live 5 min from him and though I didnt choose him, the repair pictures he had looked pretty good . If I was you I would go with the largest amount of grafts possible. That way he could hide the previous work and fill in as far back as possible, and yes you will feel normal in 5-8 months .

Wylie:

There are a number of Coalition docs who perform excellent repair work--on the East Coast--Dr. Feller, Dr. Vogel, Dr. Berstein, & Dr. Beehner to name a few...I had large plugs in my hairline, which were artistically concealed, so, your mini-grafts will be much easier for one of the docs to work with...as many posters advise, don't limit your choices because of distance...after a little research, I'm sure you'll choose someone that you'll be happy with...good luck with your choice!

Well, I believe I remember the doctor saying that I might only have 500 grafts he could work with but could not be sure of this until the day of surgery, I remember all the surgeries I went thru in the 90's and how upset I was at the lack of density I was receiving. Compared to some before and after photos of much worse cases than I ever was in terms of hair loss I still dont understand why my hair is lacking any thickness whatsoever.

I dont think there is likely a whole lot that can be done about that though. If we can fix the perimeter of the hairline to make it look soft and natural there may be hope yet, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Originally posted by Mike1651:

Wylie:

There are a number of Coalition docs who perform excellent repair work--on the East Coast--Dr. Feller, Dr. Vogel, Dr. Berstein, & Dr. Beehner to name a few...I had large plugs in my hairline, which were artistically concealed, so, your mini-grafts will be much easier for one of the docs to work with...as many posters advise, don't limit your choices because of distance...after a little research, I'm sure you'll choose someone that you'll be happy with...good luck with your choice!

Thanks for this advice, however, with my limited donor sites, I'm not sure how visiting one of these doctors over another will make a noticable difference in the end result. I'm likely at the point where only one surgery (maybe two?) is possible at this stage.

If what you are saying about only having 500 Fu left I might consider FUE so that you can be certain that the plugs are hidden. Odds are that they could get many more FU with this technique as opposed to strip. Just a thought. You need to make some wise decisions to finally correct this issue. Good luck.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Keep in mind they may also be able to remove the old plugs and redistribute. I think it would not take too many grafts to fix this hairline. All that is needed is to "soften it".

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by Mrjb:

Keep in mind they may also be able to remove the old plugs and redistribute. I think it would not take too many grafts to fix this hairline. All that is needed is to "soften it".

Thank you for that.