Help!

beamrboy

Gentlemen,

I'm 24 years of age and have been experiencing slow hair loss for the last 3 years. There is visible receeding in both temple areas but my crown area seems to have been unaffected thus far. I've noticed my hair loss getting considerably worse the last few months and the temple areas retreating to uncomfortable lengths (I have been able to hide my loss pretty well until lately). I feel far too young to let this problem become visible and as of late is making me feel very uncomfortable. I would just like some input as to what my options are whether it is worthwhile to consult transplant doctors or go on Propecia. Any input is greatly appreciated!!

steve

Gentlemen,

I'm 24 years of age and have been experiencing slow hair loss for the last 3 years. There is visible receeding in both temple areas but my crown area seems to have been unaffected thus far. I've noticed my hair loss getting considerably worse the last few months and the temple areas retreating to uncomfortable lengths (I have been able to hide my loss pretty well until lately). I feel far too young to let this problem become visible and as of late is making me feel very uncomfortable. I would just like some input as to what my options are whether it is worthwhile to consult transplant doctors or go on Propecia. Any input is greatly appreciated!!

steve

beamrboy,

Seeing a doctor about Propecia would be an excellent start. It probably won't regrow your receeding temples but it can slow things down and hopefully retain your hair in the crown. I'd definitely hold off on a HT for a few years at your age. You need to see how your hair loss is going to progress. Just think of the time you wait as an opportunity for technology to continue to improve.

To get through the present I'd recommend potentially changing your hairstyle and/or using concealers if it is affecting your lifestyle that much. Some guys hate concealers but they bought me much needed time and using them was a morning ritual that was as quick and simple as brushing my teeth. There is an entire forum dedicated to shampoos, sprays and concealers with a lot of good info. If you ask any specific questions there I'll be glad to help.

Dart

Yeah you definitely want to get on Propecia asap. As far as it not growing in the temples, I wouldn't say thats necessarily always the case. I had fair growth in the hairline, and temple area from propecia. I mean it didn't all grow back, and what did grow didn't grow more the a quarter of an inch, but it was enough to fill in some weak spots and give my hair a nicer, denser appearance.

Do yourself a favor and forget about transplants til your at least 30+. Your not at the right age for it. If you did it now, then you'd be chasing your hairloss for years and years to come with more procedures.

Mr. Hair