Looking for crown work and pictures

been searching around on here and have only found a couple of photo albums that show crown work and how many grafts were put into the crown. I have a bald crown area about two quarters in size, not huge, but still a bald spot. Just wanted to see some others with a similar bald spot as mine and what i would need to get it filled in. granted I don't even care if it is thick and super dense, I just want some hair in there so it doesn't stick out. Any help on finding some more discussions and crown work photos would be great! Thanks!

been searching around on here and have only found a couple of photo albums that show crown work and how many grafts were put into the crown. I have a bald crown area about two quarters in size, not huge, but still a bald spot. Just wanted to see some others with a similar bald spot as mine and what i would need to get it filled in. granted I don't even care if it is thick and super dense, I just want some hair in there so it doesn't stick out. Any help on finding some more discussions and crown work photos would be great! Thanks!

Thanks Bill

I will do that but am also trying to find others who have kinda similar crown loss as myself and have found a couple of pics that state the number of grafts but also want to read about their experience. I think you will have a nice crown by the way and goes more to what I hope to maybe accomplish at some point. I don't want to use thousands of grafts on my crown, just enough to make it look decent, I just hate the smooth crown look I have now. I have a spot about two quarters(literally) from the top to the bottom of it and just a little bit wider than a quarter(yes I measureds it with a couple of spare quarters I had nearby) I have seen someone who only had 500 grafts put into a similar area as mine that looked good and that is what I would hope for. My scalp laxity is pretty strained as of now and my donor supply is getting lower so just want a smaller procedure if it would do the trick. Like I said don't want it as thick as the rest of my hair, just some thinning coverage would suffice.

Am currently two weeks into trying out the rogaine foam and so far have had no side effects and isn't greasy at all, and dries pretty fast! I want to see if that could help grow some hair on the spot but not sure if it will. How long does it take to usually see any response from rogaine foam? and will I see some shedding anytime? thanks in advance!

Hey tkerr-

Though my crown was in far worse shape than yours, it was the primary focus of HT#2 for me. I plan to post pics soon..............hope they help you.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

thanks hairbank, appreciate it. Since my last HT filled in my midscalp very nicely it has had a severe effect on my crown, making it stick out even worse! icon_razz.gif. Maybe the rogaine will do something if not I just want to get some hair on that smooth surface, if anything to help my hair in the midscalp cover the crown area even better without it looking like a combover.