HELP on NC / GA HT Dr.

I'm new to this community & am in the process of making an appointment for my HT. I'm a 55 year old male with full head of hair except for frontal & looking for the best Dr. in NC / GA

area. I've been directed to Griffin (in GA) &

Cooley (Charlotte NC) & am bending towards Dr.

Cooley as per recommendations on this site.

Any feedback / experience would be GREATLY appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Doug T.

SW North Carolina

I'm new to this community & am in the process of making an appointment for my HT. I'm a 55 year old male with full head of hair except for frontal & looking for the best Dr. in NC / GA

area. I've been directed to Griffin (in GA) &

Cooley (Charlotte NC) & am bending towards Dr.

Cooley as per recommendations on this site.

Any feedback / experience would be GREATLY appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Doug T.

SW North Carolina

Dr. Cooley was wonderful. Read my blog under jabba and Dewayne's blog. We have both been treated by Cooley in the last few weeks. He and his staff were very professional and they will give you 10% off with cash.

Jabba

Doug,

there's also a poster, hairlover, on here who had a recent transplant with Griffin that looked impressive as well. He was pleased.

Dr. Griffin prices things a little differently and I got confused (and I work with large sums of money / transactions daily and have a degree in finance!), but that's just me.

Fisher up in Nashville looks impressive as well. Where Cooley and Griffin are dermatologist by trade, he's a plastic surgeon and is on the faculty at Vandy. But, I think Cooley is the best price-wise of those three.

You mentioned South Florida, and I think Charles and Epstein are in-line with Cooley on cost.

Also, check out "Christopher"'s web log. He's at months out from Dr. Cooley. "Ifloss" is another that you might correspond with by email.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Doug,

Did you try JCooley65@aol.com? He usually emails me at like 6:50 a.m. Also, his assistant is Ailene and she gives her email on a recording, although sometimes she answers that phone.

Just from my experience, they all stay in the operating room so that's why it's not uncommon to get the machine. He told me they do 3 - 4 surgeries per week so maybe they were off on Monday. Thursdays and Fridays are the heaviest days for appts., for obvious reasons.

I will say, and I told one of the other guys, that the only minus I give them is I would have a person out there answering the phone, posting pics, etc. I know it is an anxious feeling when you leave a message and it's the next morning before you get a response.

He keeps them all in there cutting though, as to get the grafts in the head as quickly as possible I assume.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Doug,

You will be very pleased with Ailene and how thorough she is in the consultation. She will take as much time as you need. Make sure you have all of your questions ready. She will then get Dr. Cooley out of surgery to look your head over and estimate how many graphs you will need. There is absolutley no pressure from them to book an appointment. You will be pleased. Good Luck!!

Jabba

Thanks to all.

I had a consult with Dr. Cooley & Staff today

& was VERY impressed. Next is to "digest" all the info but looks like I'll be scheduling my

procedure (he suggests 1500 to 1800 so naturally I'll go the 1800, high end) for early August.

I'll keep all posted of my progress.

Doug T.

Dr. Rose likes Dr. Cooley, quite a bit. Additionally, a colleague of mine worked alongside Dr. Cooley and was greatly impressed with his surgery - in particular, his donor closures.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.