The great Dr. Epstein

Ralph J.

Greetings...

As I posted before I was suppose to have my HT last Monday April 16th with Dr. Epstein in Mimi, and I couldn't be happier with the results. From the very beginning I noticed the degree of professionalism displayed by everybody, from the person that received me at the front desk to person that walked me out to my car by the end of the day. Last time we were discussing in this forum that due to my level of hair loss the suggested 2,700 grafts by Dr. Epstein were probably not enough, because I had a good donor area and good scalp laxity and the possibility of going for a bigger session was there, however Dr. Epstein explained to me that since I was still young and didn't take any medication to prevent hair loss before, it was very difficult to predict my future hair loss and that for that reason a conservative approach was needed at this time. Dr. Epstein also explained that he does not divide up follicular units and that is why he can obtain great density results without claiming unrealistic mega session. By the end of the procedure he was able to give me Graft counts as well as hair counts; below I have listed all the numbers as well as before and after pictures.

Total Grafts: 2,888

940 ??“ 1 hair grafts

1540- 2 hair grafts

408- 3-4 hair grafts

Recipient sites: 0.6 ??“ 0.8 mm

Dr. Epstein is a great professional, that takes a lot of pride of his work and that showed me great ethics, I'm happy that I choose him for my procedure. Thanks to all you members of this forum that helped me make my decision and that took the time to answer all my questions, this is a great community and I'm honored to be part of it.

Best Regards

Ralph

Great to hear

2888 is a nice number & should give you some nice coverage

Now the waiting game and then HAIR GREED

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I would like to attach a set of pictures, so you guys can see the before and after, but I don't know how to attach more than one picture in my post. Your help will be appreciated. Thank You.

Ralph,

If I recall, you just place the image using the image url icon (next to last icon) like this:

some image url

Then you can add another using the same method:

another image url

Gorp

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Congrats Ralph,

Glad to hear you had a great experience, are happy with your procedure thus far and more importantly, glad to hear you understood, agreed and was very satisfied with Dr. E's recommendations.

Brace yourself for the agony of the waiting game but fear not, for every day will bring you one day closer to your full potential.

HIGA

2400 Grafts with Dr. Epstein 11/8/06

Nizoral 3X/week

Rogaine foam 2x/day

Ralph,

Congratulations on your surgery with Dr. Epstein. Dr. Epstein has been known to do excellent work. I'm glad to hear your experience was a good one. Your results will evident by about the 1 year mark where you can fully evaluate the surgical experience. In the meantime, heal well and we'd love to see some pictures.

To post pictures you can go to "New" and "photo album" and follow the wizard. You will have to browse and upload the files from your computer. You MIGHT have to resize the photographs if they are larger than 3mb a piece. If you need help resizing photos if that's necessary, feel free to PM me.

Hope all is well.

Bill

• 4 months later...

Would you recommend having an HT with Epstein in Miami or NYC? NYC is more convenient for me but I know he works there limited days.

Several pros an cons from a novice:

Post op visit/suture removal might be important

Cost may be less in NYC

Facilities in Miami might be better

Guest wanthairs

also.....anyone can remove your sutures. My brother removed mine while he was stoned and drunk out of his mind, wearing a blindfold, driving his ferrari at 150 mph