Hairline Ranks --One more time!

Hey guys, I don't mean to beat this topic to death,I know it's been covered alot in the past, but I need a little more detail. I've posted pics and although I'm thinking of the future loss, right now I'm focused on what I need, and that's a hairline. I appreciate the time people take to advice and give opinion, but what i don't get all the time is WHY they like the hairlines of the doctors recommended.

Some have posted Hasson, Rahal, Shapiro, Alexander, and others, but what are the reasons besides I just prefer the look. Is it, more natural, the shape of the hairline, the density given the # of graphs, etc. When you go to HLH everyone says Armani is King, and I see why when I go to his website, but maybe I'm new to looking at HT's(I also think so the guys on that website maybe younger folks) I'm sorry if I'm asking redundant questions, I'm just on the fence about who to go with. thanks again--Raw

Hey guys, I don't mean to beat this topic to death,I know it's been covered alot in the past, but I need a little more detail. I've posted pics and although I'm thinking of the future loss, right now I'm focused on what I need, and that's a hairline. I appreciate the time people take to advice and give opinion, but what i don't get all the time is WHY they like the hairlines of the doctors recommended.

Some have posted Hasson, Rahal, Shapiro, Alexander, and others, but what are the reasons besides I just prefer the look. Is it, more natural, the shape of the hairline, the density given the # of graphs, etc. When you go to HLH everyone says Armani is King, and I see why when I go to his website, but maybe I'm new to looking at HT's(I also think so the guys on that website maybe younger folks) I'm sorry if I'm asking redundant questions, I'm just on the fence about who to go with. thanks again--Raw

IMO: go for one that staggers it and uses thinner hair in the hairline. I have seen many hairline that many compliment, but I am not thrilled. I MUCH rather have a thin look than thick shafts right in front.

rawdog,

Others can share more but I don't know what more you need?? There is a large element of artistry to the hairline so I agree that you need to be selective. I'm not going to rank them for you...........I'd choose any you mentioned for hairline work and also throw in Dr. Wong along with Dr. Konior...........there are others that do nice hairline work......as I type this I think of Dr. Cooley and Dr. Feller as well.

As I've mentioned on other threads........I think Armani is very talented, but I simply do not agree with his philosophy toward dense packing low hairlines for younger patients. IMO I don't think you need 4000 grafts in the frontal 1/3 in most cases to have the illusion of density.........every case is different however.

John_in_NC makes a nice point which I somewhat agree with. Rather than a dense wall of coarse hair up front, I think a transition of 1's not too densely packed with the density behind the 1's (if you get my drift) maybe looks more natural. Also, one of the reasons I like Dr. Wong for hairlines and am continuing with him for HT #3 is the jagged or irregular hairline pattern I've seen him produce (as well as others). I believe it looks much more natural. Look at a poster here by the name Biscuit for reference of one. And, don't forget the blend into the temples. I've seen some left untouched which I think can cause an unnatural look also.

Anyhow..........it's your choice. With the surgeons you've mentioned I think you'll end up with a nice hairline should you opt for a HT..........it's your call.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Spend some time REALLY looking at non-transplanted hairlines.

Look at the ages of the people you are looking at.

I think what you will find if look is that most people have a .5cm of see through hairline that fades back into a more dense frontal core.

This is termed a "soft or natural" hairline.

Obviously the more juvenile the person, the more hard and dense the hairline can appear to be, but very rarely does anyone carry this hairline into their 30's, 40's, or 50's and beyond.

In this instance you have a choice--- soft/natural or hard/dense.

One thing to keep in mind is that you can always add hair to add a bit of density, whereas it cannot be removed once transplanted (without killing the refined follicular units)

Look at the hairlines of Shapiro/Wong/Alexander vs Armani.

Also note that there is only ONE doctor offering these types of hairlines as the norm, as opposed to the exception to the rule.

I hope this gives you the information you need to make your choice.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

On the subject of building a natural hairline, I think you will find this article interesting:

http://www.thehairlosscure.com/images/Hair%20Design3r.pdf

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.