Now what ?

jonn

im in a postion that i am happy to accept the state of my hair (roughly) at the moment. despite the recession and the general thinning on top i can accept it. i just want to maintain it as long as i can. (im 27 by the way)

i wrote to my doctor about two weeks ago to ask for a prescription for propecia. he rang me tonight and basically said no. he said any hair that it grows is poor hair and because of the side effects he wont prescibe it for me.

do i just accept that it will continue to thin and hope that HM becomes available in the next 2/3 years ?

i dont know what to do and i feel like some of you guys on here know more about it than my doctor so can you tell me what you think please

im in a postion that i am happy to accept the state of my hair (roughly) at the moment. despite the recession and the general thinning on top i can accept it. i just want to maintain it as long as i can. (im 27 by the way)

i wrote to my doctor about two weeks ago to ask for a prescription for propecia. he rang me tonight and basically said no. he said any hair that it grows is poor hair and because of the side effects he wont prescibe it for me.

do i just accept that it will continue to thin and hope that HM becomes available in the next 2/3 years ?

i dont know what to do and i feel like some of you guys on here know more about it than my doctor so can you tell me what you think please

Find a doctor who will prescribe it for you; your physician is obviously ill-informed and Propecia is your best bet for maintaining what you already have. You need to get on it immediately and stay on it indefinitely. Have a consult w/ one of the doctors recommended on this site and any of them would be glad to prescribe it for you, I'm sure....

Propecia can regrow fully mature and healthy hair, can it not?

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

Ok, there is a good chance that the Doctor would never have heard of Propecia, every doctor that I've been to has had to look it up and read over the side effects while Im in the room. Chances are if you are not that bald they are not going to want to take the risk of you having side effects and will choose not to prescribe it for you.

I've had to reassure each of them that I have already been on it for a while and that Im not experiencing any of the reported side effects. I naturally go into the consulation telling them all about the drug so they think I know more about it then they do, saying stuff like that I know of the side effects and because of its short effective life that the side effects will be gone after 1-2 weeks of stopping treatment, etc. Out of the 3 different doctors I've been to, I've never been turned down a prescription yet.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

thankyou guys. what i dont get is he said it doesnt grow very good hair ? but what im trying to do is slow down/stop the hair i am losing thats all i dont expect or even want regrowth from propecia.

i know a few people ask this question on here but can somebody tell me where i can get propecia online in the uk ? im gonna screw what the doctor is telling me i want to try it and see if it helps if it doesnt then .....? i dunno i guess but i have to try something.

can anyone tell me where i can purchase it reliably i dont want to buy something that has rat poison in it. thanks again

Hi John,

In the UK you can go to the doctor that spex recommends on his website (http://www.hair-help.co.uk) he has been on Finasteride for over 10 years and so is very knowledgeable on its effectiveness. I would recommend that you just get Proscar and a pill cutter and cut it in 1/4's as it will be a lot cheaper in the long run.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006