Cost Per Graft

Hi All,

I read a lot about Hasson & Wong , Shapiro, Dr. Feller etc. but can someone please tell me what the cost per graft for each of these surgeons is? I was quoted 9$ per graft by Bosley for a FUT (Which after reading some posts, I thought was extravagant).. Can someone please give me the costs I should expect (especially from the first 2).

But keep this in mind: I decided to do some "dollar cost averaging" after I looked at how much I paid at H&W. (yes, all you accountants, I know I'm misusing the term here but it seemed kind of applicable; well, maybe not but anyway)

I got a hair transplant at 40yrs old. So, IF i live another 35 years, I divide the cost of the transplant by the # of days in 35 yrs. So, for getting to enjoy all this hair for that amount of time costs me about .75 cents per day. I can handle that.

Originally posted by Amdos:

Hi All,

I read a lot about Hasson & Wong , Shapiro, Dr. Feller etc. but can someone please tell me what the cost per graft for each of these surgeons is? I was quoted 9$ per graft by Bosley for a FUT (Which after reading some posts, I thought was extravagant).. Can someone please give me the costs I should expect (especially from the first 2).

The 'strip' method seems to run between $3.50 - $5.00 for top docs, assuming you're doing a larger size of 2,000 and up.

The FUE (?), which I doubt Bosley does, costs much more than that.

Dr. Alexander posted a week or so ago some beautiful work he'd done for someone and replied his rate was $4 per graft. Dr. Cooley, whom I have an appt. in a few weeks, charges about $10k for 2500, so that's $4 per graft. He also pays for hotel and offers a deep discount for cash payers.

Personally, I wouldn't give a damn nickel a graft to go to a Bosley clinic. I've seen too many people walking around looking like a freaking clown to take a chance. I'd shave my head before I would take the chance of being butchered there.

Now, they might have some fine docs, but when you have to consider 'odds' in getting one of the good ones, then I'm out.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

I got a great deal with Dr. Jeff Epstein just recently. He told me that during the month of feb he does do a great discounted rate since business seems to be a little slower. I met up with him in New york for our consultaion mid november 2007. I did read from others that he did charge a $175 consultation fee. But I was pretty sure from doing my research that He was the man I was going to have do it. I did ask him that since im coming from Boston if he would waive the fee. No problem was his answer!!! All I did was ask!!! Then when I met him,he was great and I never read any complaints about his Ht work and he had great results with the men who posted on this forum. We discussed what type of work I would need and I though he was right on. He was practical and he thought in my case that he could do great work. Then we talked about finances and he said I would need about 2300 grafts in one session. I told Dr. Epstein that I was a serious man and I did not come here to waste your time and mine. He said he could work out a deal at about $3.15 per graft up to 4 dollars. When I said ok that sounds good. I told him I would be contacting his office when I get back to Boston and make arrangements to have the procedure done in Miami. Since he does a better rate in Miami because he has his staff and tools at his office. If I wanted to do the procedure in New York it would be more on the graft price since he is doing the procedure in another office and he is charged more. I also told him that I was going to pay him cash to get the best deal possible and he said great no problem. So when I got back to Boston I figured I could come January or feb, he stated that if you wait until early feb I will give you a price of $3.30 per graft and if he can get more grafts up to 100 more grafts this would be free and any other grafts over that free 100 would be 2per graft. I agreed!!! When we did the procedure the doctor ended up getting 653 extra grafts which in total was 2953. Since I was a no nonsense type of guy and did not jerk him around, and was a great patient and stuck to my word with what I told him, he in heart gave me the 653 extra grafts on the house. Great guy and supior doctor!!! I am just a very happy 1st ht patient and wanted to share how I got a great deal on my 1st ht

I got 3k n' change (grafts) from Dr. Feller and I beleive the cost was ~10k, though I forget the specific #s; he was the least expensive of the docs that I looked into, and his prices, from what I understand, are very "competitive" within market.

And the Bosley quote is indeed extravagent and sizeable; rivaled only by the mammoth gap between the glamour of their marketing and their actual results.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!