Raised white bumps - elevated grafts

Newbie question here,

After washing my hair after my recent transplant many of the transplanted hairs seemed to be surrounded by a white noodle like sheath that was elevated off the level of the skin. Through subsequent washings this white sheath hardened and became yellow and crusty.

My question is this. Did everyone experience this when washing the grafted area? Were these white noodle like sheaths elevated grafts? And if so how do I know if important organs like the sebaceous glands werent crusted up on these grafts and then flaked away?

Thanks

When was your procedure? Also, who was your doctor and many grafts if you don't mind divulging...?

I am curious as to the answer of your question and why it looks to be happening only to certain grafts; today is my last day washing my scalp with a water/water+shampoo mixture from a thermas before switching to a shower and I have noticed what I think is the same thing that you are describing....not the yellow/crusty part, though, at least not yet.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

In other words after showering you get raised white bumps around the base of certain grafts...correct? The bumps are about the size of a grain of rice or maybe alittle smaller. I am curious about other peoples experiences and whether this is normal or dangerous to the grafts. I am about 11 days post op now and almost all of the scabs have come off. I no longer get the white swelling either but it was pretty pronounced through day 5.

Ya, pretty much...I seem to just notice them after cleansing my scalp -- could be impacted by the incredibly strong lighting in my bathroom. I just checked in a different mirror (couple hours after I last bathed the area) and I don't see them..

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I know its annoying to keep hearing "this or that is normal" but it sounds pretty common. At your stage in the game I had the exact same thing. To me it looked almost like the bulbous white follicle itself was bulging out after a shower or wash. Finally I couldn't take it anymore and picked this white bulgy material off and looked at it under a magnifying glass. It turned out to be a waxy, oily substance I'm assuming was a secretion from the skin as part of the healing process; almost like it was strong, thick, congealed grease from coming into contact with the shower water. It stopped after a few weeks as far as I remember.