Scared... it's in a few days

I'm getting a procedure done with Dr. Feller in a few days, I'm scared. Never had one done before. Don't really know what to expect, other than I'll look silly for about 6 months and after that, hopefully, better.

Does anyone have any advice as to what to do for the next few months? What's going to happen? Does it hurt much? What did ya do afterwards, get a buzz cut? Wear a hat? Any info would be appreciated.

I'm getting a procedure done with Dr. Feller in a few days, I'm scared. Never had one done before. Don't really know what to expect, other than I'll look silly for about 6 months and after that, hopefully, better.

Does anyone have any advice as to what to do for the next few months? What's going to happen? Does it hurt much? What did ya do afterwards, get a buzz cut? Wear a hat? Any info would be appreciated.

YoungGuy,

I hope you know at least somewhat what you are getting yourself into. The procedure is basically painless though it will take sometime to heal. Pain typically is minimal, but there will be some pain the first few days especially. To prepare, consider doing scalp exercises. JoTronic posts a great video on how to do these on the Hasson and Wong website. Regarding a buzz cut, it's up to you...I did it because I wanted my hair to be even. I also wore a light fitted hat when I went out. At day 10 after I removed the staples myself, I wore a tighter fitting hat.

For more information on what a procedure looks like, I post a pretty detailed account on my third HT posted at the below link. Hopefully that will help you.

Bill

Oh, I've been doing the research for years. I've seen the pictures, I've read what folks have been saying, I know what to expect. But... I don't *know*, ya know? It sounds silly, but I guess it's the difference between watching skiing on tv and getting out on the mountain...

After 2 Ht's and a few years here, my advice is this-------- Ask for EXTRA Valium!!!!!!!

Seriously, it will really relax you and put you in a nice dreamy place while the team is prepping you for strip removal.

Trust me, it really helps calm the butterflies!!!!!!

Anyway, just take nice, slow deep breaths and remember that you have chosen a really good Doc, so you will be fine!!!!!!

Good Luck!!!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Youngguy,

Take note of what Spex said it really helps.

I had mine done with the good doctor over six weeks ago and to be honest its still a little tender around parts of the scare area. The transplanted area is still num but getting better, and I have discarded the hat and gone bold ..... it was driving me crazy.

What can I say but you will be in great hands, the team really looks after you and after the doctor gives you some happy pills you shouldn't feel the needles or the crunching round your head to much unless you're a big girl like me !!!!!! A sound you'll never forget but I have to say painless ..... Apart from the needles ...... Only winding you up !!!!

Good luck it'll be well worth it ...

HairBrain

Young guy,

I agree with all and will add to spex's list about the massage before. This is a great idea and I just had a HT done 6 days ago and prior to going in I had a kink in my neck. This kink turned out to be the worst part of my procedure and it was not the doc's doing. I use a chiropractor ocassionally and really wish I had gotten that worked out with a massage on top of that. You will be still in the chair for extended time, do what you can to stretch or lossing your back/neck prior.

Hairbrain is right about the crunching sound during incisions, bring in your ipod with small earbuds and crank it up during this part icon_wink.gif!!!

Good luck my friend, you will be glad you took this step in your life. icon_smile.gif

NoBuzz

Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate the advice and the support.

I do have two questions, however:

- Where does one buy Aloe Vera? Any drugstore, or do I need to find a specialty place?

- What's MSM (that I should be on to make it grow faster) and where does one get that?

I'll read the replies tomorrow as I'm going to bed. 9 hours to go!

You should be able to go to any pharmacy and get aloe vera but try to get without alcohol as an ingredient if possible.

MSM--Check out hair loss blogs at www.regrowhair.com and it should give a good explanation.

Good luck tomorrow! Everything will go well. icon_smile.gif

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90