My experiance with Dr Madhu Pathuri.

shines

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shines,

Other than graft placement concerns (which appear to look appropriately placed and very natural in the pictures), I'm really not sure what your concerns are. You claim you don't trust Dr. Madhu. Why? What reason has he given you since December 24th (only 3 days ago) not to trust him?

In my opinion, the postoperative work looks great and appears to be in line with what you're saying you wanted (focus on the frontal area). There seems to be plenty of grafts placed there to provide you with refinement and added density to the front. If Dr. Madhu added grafts to the crown, I suspect it's because he had enough extra to target other balding areas. Adding more to the front would have been overkill.

Please tell us what we're missing so we can adequately help you. Otherwise, I'd suggest that you trust that Dr. Madhu placed the grafts wisely and appropriately to give you the best and most natural looking results. Either way, I'd also suggest waiting for your hair transplant to grow and mature for a year before making an evaluation. Anything less is unfair and unrealistic.

Best wishes,

Bill

Shines,

Thanks for your private message. I've responded and am certainly happy to help you in any way that I can. If I don't continue to respond immediately, it's only because I've had other matters to attend to. But I will certainly get back to you when I can after you respond. Keep in mind that I have no way to address the specifics of conversations you and Dr. Madhu had since I was not there. Dr. Madhu himself will have to address any misunderstandings betwen you two when communicating.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hello All,

On the day of surgery and next day also Mr.Shines appeared like a gentleman and not an argumentative person. He got convinced with the hair line design and after his approval only we have taken the photographs of newly designed hair line and performed the procedure except for little bit of bargain for discount(for which I was not convinced).

He had his first surgery in Delhi for building up the first 2-3 cms frontal region, he got sufficiently good results and actually he lost and got exposed the crown area for which he asked for Transplantation also furthermore he is losing hair in the mid scalp area also. We have discussed these prior to the surgery also. I am attaching photographs of his crown area and frontal lines.

After going through this forum I gave a ring and he was quiet cool and I explained him again about the hair line as mentioned in the earlier post. It was a pleasant discussion which lasted only for few minutes. Still I don't know why he is expressing his dissatisfaction in this forum.

Dr Madhu sir ,

Thanks for your response .

I thought ur proffessional doctor not a bargain type doctor.

1) I requested you N number of times about my requirement ( More grafts should be in the frontal area).

As we both discussed/agreed , Did you really give 1000 grafts to the frontal ?

2) Did you really feel that you give quality of work in the frontal ?

3) How did you say 3500 grafts initially for crown area ?

4) I have expressed my dissatisfaction to your team next day of my HT . ( True or not ? ).

5) when the time of operation also your team was mentioning about my frontal requirement to you , But you really didnt care about that.

One thing I finally noticed " You will give watever you want , you really dont care about the requirement"

Whenever I see my grafts in the mirror , I feel bad about myself & HT and showing dissatisfaction in this forum

Thanks ...

Guys,

Shines' concerns seem to be based on a potential miscommunication/misunderstanding during the consultation, day of the procedure, and follow-up. It's obvious that Dr. Madhu and the patient both have different perspectives on what actually happened. Since there's no way we can know for sure what took place during conversations we were not present for, after Dr. Madhu and Shines have ample opportunity to share their side of the story, I'm going to consider locking this thread. The adult members of this community can then draw their own conclusion based on the information presented. But continued discussion about something we can't officially evaluate or resolve is senseless.

Based on the surgical photos provided by Shines, though the quality of the photos is poor, I see no fault in the actual work performed. In fact, it looks like the usual state of the art work Dr. Madhu is regularly performing.

Dr. Madhu and Shines, I encourage you both to contact each other privately via phone and discuss these issues. Our discussion forum isn't really the best place to hash out miscommunication during a consultation/procedure.

Best wishes,

Bill

Shines,

You seem to be a very reserved guy who is not able to express all your concerns in person that well.You didnt during your consultation/procedure and as a result you are not satisfied with your HT.You should have rather accompanied someone along with you.Dr madhu mentioned above that you didnt seem to be a argumentative person to him,so he himself is surprised by the statements you are making here.As Bill said this discussion forum isn't really the best place to hash out miscommunication during a consultation/procedure.

Shines, based on the pictures that you have posted, it seems that you got a sufficient number of grafts in the frontal hairline. As others have already pointed out, anything more in the front hairline might have been an overkill and would have given you a fake hairline design.

At this point, you might want to talk to Dr Madhu directly and in an open manner to resolve any issues regarding hairline designs.

It is possible that you're experiencing some sort of post surgery cognitive dissonance - that's quite natural after any major decision we make in life. However, based on the pictures that you have posted (and assuming all the grafts grow out), you should have a very nice hairline in about a year's time.

Good luck!

hi subbu,

Before performing surgery he will mention how many grafts are required.If say grafts required are 2500 - 3000 then its totally our choice whether to go for 2500 exactly or more and they will note down the exact no. of grafts on your profile document.

The same happened with me, he mentioned i required 2500 - 3000 grafts, i went for 2500 grafts.

As far as i remember he won't compell/force us to go for x.number of grafts.

UFUT - 2491 Grafts at Dr. Madhu

Mx-5 (Topical Minoxidil 5%)

Finpecia (Generic finasteride)

See My Hair Loss Website.

I have member in this forum since 2007 . Did I comment my 1st doctor or any in this forum ?

No Because I really liked the quality of work he ( 1st doctor) done for me . Why this time ?

If It would be my 1st HT then I wd be keep quite But am not this time because I know

what is quality of work ? what i need ? What is dense packing ?

Friends were saying me in this post , why didnt you ask doctor to get what you want ?

You people wanted me see the mirror all the time and get up ask for requirement when the time of operation ?

As he agreed before , he failed to give at the end and didnt satisy with his work in the sides

Did you know one thing ? I counted my hair grafts around 1800 - 2000 and told to Dr Deepak ( Jr doctor of Dr madhus ) On phone befor meeting them personally.

when I met them personally Dr MADHU said you require Minimum 3000 to 3500 + . Then I was wondered and asked him how ? Then again they said 2000 grafts is enough.

I asked Dr Madhu about the shock loss . He failed to answer me properly then again I was wondered .

I thought of not to try with him , But no other option for me because I am traveeling to US by january 3rd week. So felt like cant analyse doctor again and cant travel to some other city.

Finally felt like be positive , because he is potentially recommended by this site. so tried .

See my attached picture after my 1st HT result.

result.JPG.5183b576f0730e95f934b3b2021eb9ab.JPG

Dear Forrest Gump /Subbu,

As Dr Madhu mentioned in his response post , I asked discount but he didnt give so that's why am doing this .

How silly it is ? Can you really believe in that ? Is that really proffessional ?

Thanks - Kiran

Shines,

Besides your concerns about discussions you had with Dr. Madhu that nobody can really comment on, I'm not sure why you think the work performed by Dr. Madhu is sub-standard. The work in the pictures you presented looks good. If we are missing something, take and post better quality pictures.

Since you already had a good head of hair from the first procedure, not as many grafts would be needed in the front to give you the refinement and added density you wanted.

Why do you think it's unprofessional that Dr. Madhu didn't provide you with a discount? Are you saying you're posting negative comments about him because he didn't give you a discount? That's what your last post indicates...either that, or the language barrier is a problem. Please clarify.

Bill

Bill,

Do you think we people only fight for Discount ? not for quality of work .

Many of our forum mates understood me properly and sending me PM (except you ) ! Becuase I couldn't explain you properly.

Thanks.