My experiance with Dr Madhu Pathuri.

shines

Hi Friends,

Hope you peaople are fine and enjoying christmas holidays.

I had my 2nd HT recently with DR madhu because of this forum ( potentially recommended ).

Could you please guys postphone your HT planning with DR madhu for 3 months ? .

Because he didn't meet my expectations as of now , But the same time its early to comment him.

Dr Madhusudhan Garu How are you ? My name is kiran , I had my HT with you on 24th Decemebr at 1 pm.

Could you please confirm my HT operation with you on 24th december at ur jubliee hills branch ? Then we will continue our discussion here.

Guys I will post my pictures soon , Because I didn't have FLASH camera rite now.

Thanks - Kiran kumar.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shines,

I'm confused. If you only had your hair transplant yesterday, how are your expectations unmet? Was your experience unsatisfactory? If so, why? Also, Who did your first hair transplant?

It takes up to one full year (not 3 months) for your hair transplant to grow in and mature. In the meantime, you are encouraged to share your surgical experience and photos so we can an idea of what you are concerned about.

Best wishes,

Bill

We like some negative comments also from the patient's otherwise we may become very proud and may feel like we are on the top of the world. We welcome positive criticism. Yes every one needs to be always corrected.

In general, we ask all the patients to draw the hair line as per their own choice. If we think that the hairline is too low we explain them about the negative aspects of too low hair lines, keeping their future prospects in mind and convince them. We always seek patients final approval before considering for the surgery, previously we used to take patients oral approval but from today onwards we learned a lesson that even a written approval is also necessary before starting the procedure and we started implementing from today itself.

In India when compared to western countries young patients ask for too low hair lines, they don't know all the negative aspects attributed to too low hair lines, bringing the hair line even 1cm forward consumes at least 800-1300 units, very few patients know that more hair is required in the mid frontal region and patients should also know that hair loss is a progressive phenomenon and they have to preserve their donor region for future baldness.

We design the hair lines keeping in a view that the patients will live for 100 years and at all ages his face should appear good and give him royal appearance. If we design too low hair lines it gives childish and odd look. If we fill the temporal angles without leaving a V shape, it gives female like appearance. Once if we bring the hair line too low it is very difficult to bring it back, hence we can always bring the hair line forward any time but it is highly difficult to take it back. There are several instances where patients come to us for redo procedure for shifting the hair line back.

I am well versed and confident enough in aesthetic hair line design as it is one of the chapters for the ABHRS exam. Furthermore I am a naturally a gifted artist the capabilities of which are used for designing hair lines.

I am presuming that you are thinking about further lower hair line for which you haven't expressed here, if you are really interested for further correction it can be easily done now itself by FUE. It would have been better if you have asked for the same on the day of surgery or on the day of hair wash. Even today you can come for any correction in hair line if you think it is necessary and we can implant some grafts by FUE.

Regards,

Dr.Madhu

Shine, where are the photgraph's and details of the grafts trasnplanted? Appreciate you could start the discussion with facts. This will help thousand sceptical abount HT and its future outcome. many poeple around India counts on Dr. Madhu. So when you present your experience here start with fact. Hope this helps

Hi,

I just had an initial consultation with Dr Madhu yesterday.

Profile:

I started losing hair 4-5 years back and in the recent months I started losing more hair every day. Though I am not bald yet, meaning the front portion on the sides have lost lots of hair and also in the mid region its losing lots.

Suggestion by Dr Madhu and Co:

Start with Finepocia and Tugain, which will have to use regularly for a very very long time.

Take the titanus injection in few days time for the procedure to be done in Feb 1st week.

Surgery:

They will be taking 2500-3000 grafts and implant at the side frontal and mid-frontal part.

Post surgery:

After 6-7 months then he will evaluate the hair loss and growth at the deep-mid region and then decide whether to go for another surgery or not.

Please post your comments or suggestions.

Dear Billeors,

Hope Ur fine! Thanks for helping the people in this forum.

Sorry I couldn't give quick reply, because I am very busy with my work.

My HT experience:

This was my second HT, so I have experience and knowledge on time for hair transplant to grow in and mature and also I have met so many doctors personally like Dr. Robert Leonard ( Boston ) , Dr venkat ramana ( Bangalore ), and DR Madhu ( Hyderabad ).

I had my first HT in India may 2009. I was satisfied with the results, But my friends didn't satisfy fully with the same doctor so I wanted to try second HT with Dr Madhu (Because of potentially recommended by this site).

DR Madhu Thanks for you response in this post .Could you please answer to my questions below? Whenever you get some time.

1) As we discussed/agreed before my HT, Did you really transplant 1000 grafts at the frontal area?

2) Why did you transplant the hair in the same area where already my 1st HT done?

3) I requested you and your team to concentrate more in the frontal area, but you were more interested in the crown area. If it's crown I have alternatives like propecia,

Rogaine and all (Need not to waste so much of money and time).

One question to all of my Indian friends in this forum: Do you really believe in before and after HT pictures in India?

I will share all of my useful observations, experiences and questions in the next response because I have rush to shopping with my uncle.

PM me if you really want to talk to me or meet me.

Thanks to you all.

My intention of this post is to educate our friends in this forum ! I believed Dr madhu ,because he is potentially recommended by this forum .

Mirza Techie : Even I will convince with you after 4 months or if you meet any of our forum mates personally ?

Du agree with me on below ?

1) Anyone create any IDs and promote any doctor ?

2) Do really believe in before/after HT pictures in India .

Any one can meet me or talk to me ....I located in hyderabad and working as a software lead.

Thanks all.

Shines,

You are saying that Dr.Madhu didn't meet your expectations.But you never mentioned above that what were your expectations.How many grafts did you get?Dr.Madhu has made some valid points.If you wanted to lower your hairline further than you should have just convinced your doctor for that.If you didnt like the hairline which Dr Madhu was giving you than why did you commit yourself for an HT.If you wanted to lower your hairline futher you should have just convinced him,he would have oblidged

Friends ......

Please beware of the promotional IDS, they will create N number of IDS and promote one doctor.

I have so many questions for this doctor and I request all of members dont encourage any1 with out experiance.

Dear Facelors,

Could you please read and approve my previous response post ? I have to discuss a lot on that.

I have so many questions for you and our forum mates on this topic .

Thanks ....

Shines,

I'm still a little confused by your concerns.

While your last post indicates you are concerned about the graft placement, it's very strange that you're predicting poor results only a few days after your hair transplant.

If there was a miscommunication of sorts as to where the grafts were placed, I'd suggest contacting Dr. Madhu privately to resolve this. I trust that he'll take care of you.

Quite frankly, your surgical photos look great and I expect that you'll have great results. You've complained that Dr. Madhu focused on the crown during your procedure however, the pictures you presented show a good number of follicular units placed in the front and temples. I believe this will help to refine your hairline and add density to the areas you are concerned about. Isn't this what you are claiming you wanted?

Shines, there is nobody on this forum using multiple IDs to promote Dr. Madhu or any other physician. This behavior is closely monitored and anyone covertly promoting any physician is promptly banned.

I'm really not sure what we can do for you in this extremely early stage after a hair transplant. In my opinion, let your hair transplant grow and mature for a year and then re-evaluate your needs. If you still have questions/concerns about the procedure, I'd encourage you to contact Dr. Madhu privately so he can help you.

Best Regards,

Bill

Dear shines,

I can understand your problem.

Till now i've not met any madhu's patients who have done post 1year HT.Im saying this because only after 1 year transplanted hairs will gain complete maturity.

Yes i totally agree with your two points mentioned.There can be possibility that people can create fake ID's and promote doctor.

Regarding believing the before and after HT pics :-(.Let me tell you something...

I met with one of my colleague who had HT with Doctor pulli ravindra reddy(pacific hospitals), although he's happy with his surgery, i could still see his skin peeping through his hair.

I've even saw few pictures on this forum who had transplants from Dr.Ashok,Dr.Ravindra reddy from hyderabad im not convinced with the pics as there were lot of gaps between the follicles

and

after meeting with Dr.Madhu as per my knowledge he told me that they can place 60 grafts per sq cm which is very good and gives us natural look.

I've believed the above said statement because just immediately after hair transplant i look into the mirror myself, he beautifully placed the grafts very closely which would surely gives me good result after 1 year.

If you think im a fake id guy!!!!!! just blabbering about good points about madhu then i can meet you personally as

i also stay in hyderabad working in software company.

UFUT - 2491 Grafts at Dr. Madhu

Mx-5 (Topical Minoxidil 5%)

Finpecia (Generic finasteride)

See My Hair Loss Website.

Shines,

While all patients are welcome to share their genuine experiences and photos online, to be fair, physicians are always invited to share their side of the story as well. Thus, patients are sometimes required to identify themselves to use privately and give their surgeon the necessary permission they need to discuss your case online. See Maintaining a Fair and Balanced Environment on our Forum for Patients and Physicians for how we handle disputes.

Please respond to my private message with your full name and date of surgery. Your identity will be kept off this forum for your privacy however, it will be given to Dr. Madhu so he can identify you. If he needs further permission to discuss your case online, he will contact you privately to obtain it. You will be expected to provide him with the permission he needs to discuss your case online.

Thanks,

Bill

Shines,

One more thing. While I appreciate your general concerns about covert promoting and the accuracy of before/after photos, I don't really see what this has to do with your specific case.

If I'm correct, you're concerned about where the grafts were placed during surgery which is fine. However, it's highly premature to predict poor results after you've had surgery only a few days ago.

If there's something this community can help you with specifically, let us know. Otherwise, it probably makes more sense to discuss your concerns about placement privately with Dr. Madhu.

All the Best,

Bill

ahem ahem..hair transplant forum seems to be turning into a dating forum for some.. icon_wink.gif..lol

Originally posted by shines:

Dear Mirza,

I dont trust on any Dr hyderabadi or Indian HT doctor now.

Can we meet tomorrow evening in hyderabad ?

Thanks.