dr knudsen sydney australia

guyfromsydney,

You're welcome.

Now my comments below are nothing to do with the doctor himself because I haven't done any research on him particularly but about the website.

I believe what is on the website is outdated.

I hope they do not still perform scalp reductions (though i suppose there could be extreme cases where exceptions can be made - I've seen one scalp reduction out of several that actually helped the patient).

The images are low resolution and all of the sessions (except one) are below 2000 grafts. There is one session listed as 4500 grafts - however, it doesn't state how many sessions it took to achieve that many grafts AND I from the picture, I would guess that only about 2000 (tops) grew.

Qualifications don't make a terrific surgeon. I can appreicate that he is an ISHRS member - but all it takes to be a member is payment of the annual fee. I would hope and trust hoever, that members of the ISHRS would be dedicated to further development and enhancement of their skills. But this is not a guarantee. Some hair restoration physicians will pay the fee just to have the "qualification" which in reality - isn't much.

When selecting a hair restoration surgeon, it's highly important to select one based on a proven track record of consistent results. Though a website is a good start to look at pictures - viewing patient posted photos and experiences is vital to selecting a quality hair restoration physician.

So I decided to use the find feature to look up some information on Dr. Knudsen for you.

Keep in mind that i am not presenting all the information I found just some. It is best for you to use the "find" feature as well.

The first post I found was someone complaining about a larger scar. The thread can be found here.

Here is a member named Rocky who personallly recommends Dr. Knudsen found here. He supposedly posted his pictures but I haven't found them yet.

I found Rocky's 11 month after photo on this thread

This is a very old thread about transplanting artificial hair from 2001. I'm not sure how Dr. Knudsen is/was involved, but his name was mentioned. Pat, our Publisher responds. Thread found here

Another member Parable (can't tell if he had a transplant with Knudsen or not) agrees he's a good surgeon. Thread found here.

This thread references Parable's surgery with Dr. Knudsen - the pictures reflect poor work done with Dr. White. Pat removed Dr. White from our community after this. Patient feedback is vital! Thread found here.

In my opinion, there is not a lot of public evidence available on our forum about Dr. Knudsen. I think I'll email Pat to see what he knows since he has a lot more opportunity to work with the doctors first hand.

Best wishes,

Bill