HT with Dr. Jeffrey Epstein April 2007

SinTPA

I had my first HT w/ Dr. Epstein on April 13th. The overall experience from start (the consult) to finish was extremely good and I would highly recommend Dr. Epstein and his staff. I would be interested in any comments on the pictures I've posted to my web log by any of the experts in this forum.

My Hair Loss Weblog

My Hair Loss Weblog

1st HT with Dr. Jeffrey Epstein 2,599 Grafts

I had my first HT w/ Dr. Epstein on April 13th. The overall experience from start (the consult) to finish was extremely good and I would highly recommend Dr. Epstein and his staff. I would be interested in any comments on the pictures I've posted to my web log by any of the experts in this forum.

My Hair Loss Weblog

My Hair Loss Weblog

SinTPA,

Welcome to our community.

Dr. Epstein does quality work so congratulations on selecting a fine doctor. Of course, one should not judge their experience fully until the results come in and mature which is about 12 months after surgery.

How many grafts did you receive? Do you have any immediately post op pictures you can post?

As a side note and a caution to all the readers of this community...be careful of recommendations of a doctor by someone who hasn't seen their results yet. It's easy to let our emotions of a positive experience push us to make premature recommendations.

Please understand...Dr. Epstein does great work IMO from what I've seen...and do NOT question SinTPA's experience. I'm glad it was a good one. But I often wonder how many "ghost" readers who are looking at a post and conclude something like "awesome...he had a good experience and recommends him, now I am definiately going to see this surgeon". This is what I call premature decision making. Look for results of hair growth and minimal scarring before making a choice.

Sorry...didn't mean to jump on a soap box there...but I want to protect ALL perspective patients reading this forum so they make educated decisions.

I look forward to seeing your progress SintTPA,

Bill

Originally posted by Bill:

SinTPA,

Welcome to our community.

Dr. Epstein does quality work so congratulations on selecting a fine doctor. Of course, one should not judge their experience fully until the results come in and mature which is about 12 months after surgery.

How many grafts did you receive? Do you have any immediately post op pictures you can post?

As a side note and a caution to all the readers of this community...be careful of recommendations of a doctor by someone who hasn't seen their results yet. It's easy to let our emotions of a positive experience push us to make premature recommendations.

Please understand...Dr. Epstein does great work IMO from what I've seen...and do NOT question SinTPA's experience. I'm glad it was a good one. But I often wonder how many "ghost" readers who are looking at a post and conclude something like "awesome...he had a good experience and recommends him, now I am definiately going to see this surgeon". This is what I call premature decision making. Look for results of hair growth and minimal scarring before making a choice.

Sorry...didn't mean to jump on a soap box there...but I want to protect ALL perspective patients reading this forum so they make educated decisions.

I look forward to seeing your progress SintTPA,

Bill

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, I don't have an immediate post-op picture but the 3-week post op picture I've posted to my web log and here shows many of the grafts. I'm not sure if the office took any post-op pictures but I've emailed them to find out.

412.jpg.2f2d25ea216c7a0ebf03f50c98303b1f.jpg

My Hair Loss Weblog

Dr. Epstein does solid work........I'll be anxious to see your results when they fill in.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.