On my way to HT

Hi All,

I like to let all of the fellow members abt so far my resarch in HT and and in what stage I am now.

As most of us , I have seen in this forum, I have done some research on HT and met few of who have done HT in person.

I have got various feedback from everyone. To give a picture I am 27, having hair loss mostly in the crown region and very less in the front. I am not bothered abt the front area at present.

Though majority of th feed back was not to do a HT soon, I like to do one at least 1000-1500 grafts in my crown and surrounding region. Most of the ppl I met also agreed on this. One person who I met on the same regad is Spex, who is already well known in this forum. That meeting was very helpful for me to decide where I can do my HT and when and got lot of feedback of how easy and comfortable to do a HT in New York at Fellers.

I am basically from India and I am in London for the past 3 yrs. I have not got a US visa and I am in the process of applying for one.

I am very keen in doing HT soon and I feel with all these advanced ways and skills of expert HT doctors, I feel there is nothing wrong in going for HT soon, though I am 27.

I got some other feedbacks from some other well known ppl of HT, whihc I also like to share here and may ask the fellow members comment on this. I am also attaching some of my pics to give everyone an idea of where I am. The feedback, I got is when HT is done in the crown region where I have no/very few hair follicle may damage the healthy hair roots adjacent to them. I can also understand that I am in the beging period of hair loss in the crown and this may spread, however I am thinking when I can do HT in the missing region and places where the hairline is thin, this may give me a positive sign. I want everyone's comment on this whihc will help a lot.

Regards,

Navraj.

P1010002_2.JPG.30b4edd455625968932f9b031d886fca.JPG

Hi All,

I like to let all of the fellow members abt so far my resarch in HT and and in what stage I am now.

As most of us , I have seen in this forum, I have done some research on HT and met few of who have done HT in person.

I have got various feedback from everyone. To give a picture I am 27, having hair loss mostly in the crown region and very less in the front. I am not bothered abt the front area at present.

Though majority of th feed back was not to do a HT soon, I like to do one at least 1000-1500 grafts in my crown and surrounding region. Most of the ppl I met also agreed on this. One person who I met on the same regad is Spex, who is already well known in this forum. That meeting was very helpful for me to decide where I can do my HT and when and got lot of feedback of how easy and comfortable to do a HT in New York at Fellers.

I am basically from India and I am in London for the past 3 yrs. I have not got a US visa and I am in the process of applying for one.

I am very keen in doing HT soon and I feel with all these advanced ways and skills of expert HT doctors, I feel there is nothing wrong in going for HT soon, though I am 27.

I got some other feedbacks from some other well known ppl of HT, whihc I also like to share here and may ask the fellow members comment on this. I am also attaching some of my pics to give everyone an idea of where I am. The feedback, I got is when HT is done in the crown region where I have no/very few hair follicle may damage the healthy hair roots adjacent to them. I can also understand that I am in the beging period of hair loss in the crown and this may spread, however I am thinking when I can do HT in the missing region and places where the hairline is thin, this may give me a positive sign. I want everyone's comment on this whihc will help a lot.

Regards,

Navraj.

navarj,

Welcome to our community.

I'm glad that you got to meet Spex in person and that he wa able to assess your situation.

Since Spex mentioned "long term planning", Im assuming that the use of medication was discussed.

Use of medicines like finasteride and/or minoxodil may help slow down or stop your hair loss...it might even help you regrow some miniaturized hairs in your thinning areas.

The best strategy IMO for you, should be to try the medication for at least 1 year to see if it works for you.

Keep in mind that if in the event you lose more hair, you will end up having to get future HTs as hair transplantation does nothing to prevent future loss of native hair.

I'm sure you and Spex went over all of this...but I thought I'd add my two cents.

Keep us posted.

Bill

im very curious on how this turns out

im not sure but these are one of the more rare cases or atleast i havent seen much on this site where someone gets help in the crown and not in the front

it looks like his other areas are thick, just worried i guess.

but from what i can see 1500 should do the trick

just giving my input

GOOD LUCK!