HT with Dr. Cooley next Wednesday

yourcoach

After much reading, a couple of in person consults, including Dr. Cooley, a few more phone consults, a bunch of conversations with patients, seeing first hand patient results, viewing a procedure, and asking a few questions in the forum, I am going for it. We are shooting for 4,500 grafts, but my laxity isn't great, so it may end up closer to 4,000. I have been doing the scalp stretches so maybe I will achieve the 4,500.

4,686 grafts = 9,905 hairs with Dr. Cooley 9/24/08

My Hair Loss WebLog

After much reading, a couple of in person consults, including Dr. Cooley, a few more phone consults, a bunch of conversations with patients, seeing first hand patient results, viewing a procedure, and asking a few questions in the forum, I am going for it. We are shooting for 4,500 grafts, but my laxity isn't great, so it may end up closer to 4,000. I have been doing the scalp stretches so maybe I will achieve the 4,500.

My Hair Loss WebLog

Sweet! 4500, and even 4k, is a good chunk of change, and in Cooley's hands can go a long, long way. May your laxity and density be strong -- either way, you're taking a great step forward.

Look forward to the pics! icon_smile.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Thanks for all the support. This is all happening very fast because I am taking an appointment on very short notice due to a rare cancellation. Eman, thanks for the referral to the Spex HT list. Yesterday I spent a lot of time looking for a post like that before I found it. I went ahead and sent the list to Ailene at Dr. Cooley's office for her comments, and she endorsed most of the list. Any other input is very welcome.

Carl

My Hair Loss WebLog

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by The Stig:

Yup I'll also chime in and say that Dr Cooley is amazing. He is like an artist - his hairlines look so perfectly natural and he even went so far as to repair my horrible scar from Bosley with excellent results.

www.haircenter.com

Stig,

Do you have any pics, or will you make a weblog? I'm always interested in seeing another satisfied Dr. Cooley patient.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

I've created a weblog with some before and after shots taken at Dr. Cooley's office the day of and day after the procedure. As I've read over and over, now comes the hard part, the waiting. I welcome any feedback on the pics, and would be happy to answer any questions regarding my great experience with Dr. Cooley, Ailene, Brandi, and the rest of his team. They truly went above and beyond all reasonable measures to make my procedure a success. By the way, this 4,686 graft session was done without shaving.

Carl

Carl

My Hair Loss WebLog