Getting HT on 5 mai with Dr. Humayun Mohmand

Hello, and thank you for creating this super website. Iam 27 years old and live in Denmark.

According to the Norwood charts I thank Iam VI. ( Look at the picture and plz. comment.)

I have been in different treatments, as using rogaine for 7 years and propecia for over one year. But still getting more bald. My hair loss is diffiuse thinning all over the top of the scalp.

Now its time to get in action...

I have been her on this website and studied for a year now, and have been very pleased for all the information. Here I came across Dr. Humayon Mohmand. I decided to choose him as my HT surgeon . I made phone calls and some Emails, and Iam now booked for the 5th Mai 2008 in Islamabad, Pakistan. for the hairtransplant. Flying all the way to Pakistan. I hope to get between 3500 and 4000 grafts.

So far my experience dealing with him is very good. Lets hope well for the final result.

Plz comment.

Hello, and thank you for creating this super website. Iam 27 years old and live in Denmark.

According to the Norwood charts I thank Iam VI. ( Look at the picture and plz. comment.)

I have been in different treatments, as using rogaine for 7 years and propecia for over one year. But still getting more bald. My hair loss is diffiuse thinning all over the top of the scalp.

Now its time to get in action...

I have been her on this website and studied for a year now, and have been very pleased for all the information. Here I came across Dr. Humayon Mohmand. I decided to choose him as my HT surgeon . I made phone calls and some Emails, and Iam now booked for the 5th Mai 2008 in Islamabad, Pakistan. for the hairtransplant. Flying all the way to Pakistan. I hope to get between 3500 and 4000 grafts.

So far my experience dealing with him is very good. Lets hope well for the final result.

Plz comment.

Did your research show that this clinic does not and to my knowledge does not intend to use microscopes to dissect your grafts?

If you have been researching a year and made your decision, you might want to reconsider as this information is recently disclosed.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I just had 3250 grafts at Dr Humayun's clinic Islamabad. It is only on my return that I realised that he has been removed from the forum due to not using microscopes put me on a little downer. Although he has produced many geat results im now waiting to see what my results are going to be. I hope they are going to be alright. .

B , spot Hi! Im a little confused about this microscope business does this mean using them is more effective, more hairs grafts etc??? pleae enlighten me. This whole microscope scenario only came to my attention after paying him a visit and learned he has now been removed, as you can understand my concern as well I hope the transplanted roots are going to be healthy and going to grow?????

Abby,

Evidence proves that using a microscope to dissect follicular unit grafts lessens the transection rate of the grafts during the dissection process which ultimately means, better growth rates.

Dr. Mohmand seems pretty confident in his ability to use loop magnification and appears to be doing fine work with it. However, given this information, he no longer meets our high level of standards and until he purchases and regularly uses microscopes, he can't be reconsidered for recommendation.

The good news is, he stated publicly in another thread that he just purchased two and is going to begin to use them, I think as a trial to see if they are a superior tool in his eyes. I trust that if he is using them openly and scientifically rather than just to try to prove a point, that he'll see using microscopes is the way to go.

I trust you'll still have a good result as his pictures show however, the general rule is, using microscopes produces better overall yield.

I hope you'll post your photos so we can follow your progress on a hair loss weblog.

Best wishes,

Bill

Salman,

Just so you are aware, we are not questioning whether or not Dr. Mohmand does good work, as he apppears to be according to his pictures. The reason for his removal is because microscopes have proven to produce even better yield, and we only want to recommend experienced physicians who are using the latest techniques and technology giving our patients the best hair transplant possible.

Best wishes,

Bill