Propecia once a day enough?

htownballa

Propecia is 1mg. The half life is supposedly 5 hours, so by the end of the day the levels of finasteride in your bloodstream is very low assuming you take your pill in the morning. Does this mean that towards the end of the day your hairs suffer due to DHT not being suppressed? Should I up my dosage?

Propecia is 1mg. The half life is supposedly 5 hours, so by the end of the day the levels of finasteride in your bloodstream is very low assuming you take your pill in the morning. Does this mean that towards the end of the day your hairs suffer due to DHT not being suppressed? Should I up my dosage?

Do not up your dosage of finasteride for anything to do with hair loss/growth. Taking 1mg or 1.25mg (if you cut Proscar into fours) per day is just as effective as taking 5mg per day when it comes to hair loss/growth. This is according to studies that have been done.

are you trying to prove in 4 sentences that all those clinical trial, FDA and those PHDs were wrong?

Originally posted by htownballa: