propecia plus rogaine question

I understand that there are a few people here who have been on both.

My question is, I know that if you stop taking Rogaine you will eventually lose all the hair that you regrew. But what if you remain on the propecia? Will you develop a resistance to losing this hair? In other words, can you take Rogaine long enough to get the regrowth and then quit?

I know this seems like wishful thinking, just thought i would check if anyone knows the answer.

My question is, I know that if you stop taking Rogaine you will eventually lose all the hair that you regrew. But what if you remain on the propecia? Will you develop a resistance to losing this hair? In other words, can you take Rogaine long enough to get the regrowth and then quit?

I know this seems like wishful thinking, just thought i would check if anyone knows the answer.

wishful would be the word.....any growth from minox is dose dependant and when treatment is discontinued, all the hair recovered as a result of the minox will be again shed...

Lifetime comittment....although, after 1-3 yrs, many find that a once daily application can be used for maintenance, but the results will decline gradually over time....

Originally posted by johnnie69:

wishful would be the word.....any growth from minox is dose dependant and when treatment is discontinued, all the hair recovered as a result of the minox will be again shed...

Lifetime comittment....although, after 1-3 yrs, many find that a once daily application can be used for maintenance, but the results will decline gradually over time....

Johnnie69, The question to your answer is "what happens if you discontinue minoxidile?" But actually question is different. "What happens if you discontinue minoxidile and continue propecia?"

Ravi Vide

Originally posted by thinninginvan:

No, you will still lose the minoxidil hairs and some more. Whatever can grow back will. (There was a guy who did what you're planning on the other forum). If you do stop minoxidil, I suggest you slowly slow down the amount your using over an extended period - say a year - and then get off it. Stopping it straight away will shock some of your normal hairs out and it'll take 4-6 months for them to start growing back.

Minox works great for some and not so great for others...but you have to remain on Minox to keep any growth, Propecia or not. I used Minox for years with little benefit, so I stopped altogether...I did lose the very little I did gain, but I don't care because my hair is less greasy and all I have to do now is pop a pill once a day...much easier with Propecia.