Dr. Fremont in Toronto

Has anyone heard of Dr. Fremont on Toronto. He is with "Hair for Less" [promotional link removed by forum moderator - Robert]. He quoted me a very attractive price, but ... big red flag ... wanted to make it a cash transaction. Said he was trying to protect his current disability benefits with the government and doesn't want them to know he is not disabled.

Any recommendations for reputable surgeons and/or practices in Canada?

Also, is there an agency in Ontario that may track complaints against hair transplantation providers?

Wish, That is a really big red flag! I'd avoid it like the plague. To my knowledge, there are some good Canadian Drs. There have been some recent postings regarding ht Drs. in Canada. I don't recall the names, but I'm sure some of the other members can help you.

If you needed heart surgery and the surgeon asked you to pay in cash you would run, and HT is no different. Besides, I looked at the website and they are not doing state of the art procedures (minigrafts!).

I can definitely recommend you talk to Dr. Seager and Dr. Simmons at the Seager Centre. I had a surgery there and I am absolutely thrilled with the results.

wishiwashair,

You may find this section on the Hair Restoration Network titled, "How to pick a Hair Restoration Physician" helpful in your search.

I have listed some useful criteria below:

#1 Does the physician take a holistic approach to hair restoration? Your physician should help you evaluate all your options, surgical and non surgical.

#2 Have they made the investment in time and resources to do large sessions of micro follicular unit hair transplantation? Doing outstanding work requires a staff dedicated and trained to use high-powered magnification with the capability of producing more than 2,000 carefully trimmed grafts per surgical session.

#3 Choose a hair restoration clinic that is patient focused rather than commercially focused. Some clinics emphasize revenue, speed and volume rather than dedicating the time and individual care needed to produce optimal results. These commercial operations typically rely on heavy advertising rather than satisfied patient or doctor referrals.

#4 Is hair restoration the primary focus of their practice? Outstanding results require a physician and a full staff who perform hair restoration surgery on a regular basis. Doing hair restoration as a sideline, along with other cosmetic procedures, may hinder their ability to do large sessions of highly refined follicular unit transplantation.

#5 How many patients has this physician produced excellent results for? Like any skill, experience over time is critical to acquiring the skill and judgment required to produce excellent results.

#6 Can the physician provide at least a dozen sets of detailed patient before and after photographs? Do they also have patients who are willing to speak with you and meet with you in person?

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• 4 years later...

What I know that Dr Fremont has been engaged in HT since 30 years, and currently running his clinic and work with HC, and almost has 2-3 cases a week. I don't know about Financing questions, but he is very good in doing sergical HR.

If you go to Hair Club, they will charge you in triple more and Dr. Fremont is the one who is going to do the HT for you!? Go to Hair Club for consultation and see who is going to make you this consultation with this well known club.

Hope this helpful.

Dr. Nida and Dr. Larry Fremont,

You do know this is a 4 year old post right?

Also, I'm confused by your alias. Are you Dr. Nida or Dr. Fremont? Or are you an employee that works for them?

If you are a hair restoration surgeon or are affiliated by one, please add a disclosure in your forum signature in accordance to our terms of service.

Thanks for your anticipated cooperation.

Thanks,

Bill