Dr. Cooley experience

NC30

I've been monitoring this site for almost half a year now. I just had my first HT last week with Dr. Cooley in North Carolina. First, I'd like to say thank you to Pat for having this site as it was incredibly helpful in making my surgeon choice.

I have a Class 2 type hairline, but with great thinning inside the hair area itself. I opted for a 1500 graft HT and will most likely do another in the future. I'm going to stay on Propecia and Rogaine from here-on out as well.

I know most of you know the entire procedure of HT's, so I wont go into much detail as far as the when/what/where of the procedure. I had the procedure over half a week ago and these are a few of my results...

* I was prescribed medication to help sleep at night, but have yet had the need to use it as there is no discomfort. I have not had any headaches or any sort of pain.

* My doctor gave me a shot of cortizone after the surgery. I really didnt use ice packs afterwards to help reduce swelling, and to be honest, I really didn't notice any until just a couple minutes ago when I reallly had to look for it. I'm going to use the ice packs a little now, but that's just to be on the safe side.

* My scabbing and redness has been pretty much non-existent. I have dark hair, and so it's a little diffcult to detect it. There has been some very slight scabbing in some spots, and no redness whatsoever.

* I feel a tiny bit of tightness in the forehead area, and the only complaint about the scar area is that that kind of initial feel has always taking a bit of adjusting for me.

I know many people sing the praises of H&W,Shapiro, Cole, etc, and I thought I'd just say that my experience through the entire process with Cooley was outstanding. His staff was very helpful during all phases of the surgery.

I wasnt paying that much attention during the surgery itself, but he did the entire portion of extracting the donor area. His staff were present in the room doing the microscopic work. He made all the incisions himself as an assistant helped keep track. During the placement portion, his nurses did do some of that work. As far as the entire process itself, I'd say that he was there for about 85-90% of the enitre process.

About the only complaint I can actually come up with was that the restaurant that they got my lunch from forgot to include my fries.

I'm not here to say that any doctor is any better than the next one, and I'm not here to endorse Dr. Cooley either ( I could be back here a year later screamin about sportin' a Buckwheat style 'do.). I've been impressed with Cooley thus far, and hopefully once the hair growth is complete, I will be just as impressed with the final result.

I was always appreciative of all the posts and thought that I'd throw my experience in to help anyone else.

If there's any other suggestions or helpful hints that anyone can give me as far as recovery please feel free to say so. I'd really appreciate it.

Glad you had a good experience.

I can appreciate the ability to say "so far, so good. But we'll see what happens." That is the right attitude to have.

Post picts if you can when you can. They really do help others.

Umm, keep that forehead well iced and take it easy. Don't bump into anything!

Happy regrowth.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

• 2 months later...

I too mimick your praise and assessement of Dr. Cooley and his staff.

I told him about your posting and 'the fries', needless to say, I was treated to a fine chinese dish one day and mediterranean dish the next.

Thanks for the good words, it helped ease my nervousness the night before.

Regards.