question on dhi tech and dhi greece. GOOD OR BAD ?

Thinair

Hi there,

I am a new user to this great site.

To my regret, I hsd a hair transplant with Dr. Conor Kiely in cork a few years back with very poor results. he was not a pleasant person to deal with and gave the impression that he was the only show in town.

The strip tech meth,od that he used left me in considerable pain for a number of weeks on the scar line, with obvious ""cobbelstoneing on my scalp.This was obvious for again about twelve weeks post op, and pretty noticable and embarassing.

He assured me that I would be able to return to work the following day.and that the procedure would not be duly noticeable.All lies. My face was swollen badly, while not initally, but two days after the procedure I looked like the elephant man and was in severe pain.The swelling eventually went down after about another five days.

Dr kiely rang me after 3 months to ask about engaging in a second procedure...not likely my butcher friend.

Basically I have a great fear of a repeat poor procedure and result costing a lot of money.

Another strip procedure fills me with dread, hence my question - I have seen the DHI min invasive tech and it seems to give a result without the same trauma to the scalp. I am wondering is it a good tried and tested tech.

i went for a consultation to their offices in harley street in London and the lady I spoke to seemed professional and trustworthy.

By the info I was given the most cost effective way was to undergo surgery in Greece.

I was going to do this until I saw a few poor patient reviews on this web page saying they and the tech are rubbish, and have got very nervous

Are they any good , is the tech any good, and are people happy with the procedure or are they just preying on people looking for a miracle cure...?

My major concern is good reslts for money spent , and rapid recovery time,as I am paranoid about people knowing I had a hair transplant and wish to get it done while on holiday and return to work with no major scaring and trauma to my scalp.

My donor area is excellent, but I dont want to waste it if their recovery rate is poor

So guys... DHI, greece or DHI else where,

Good or bad?????

Thanks for your help.

( also started propecia a year and a half ago and it has saved my social life and restored my confidence.. and stopped the " double take " of friends eyeing your balding pate. Has halted piss taking as well .. only sorry I did not start takilg it eigth years ago. Would have saved a lot of heartache ...!)

Sorry to hear of you stumbling into the hands of a butcher...while it is always important, I would say it is beyond vital that you make sure you go to an ELITE, CONSISTENT, TRANSPARENT doc/clinic this go around. Quite frankly, while I have seem some "alright" reviews of DHI (Greece), the bulk of words I have seen have not been positive, let alone "great".

Keep researching, browse the forums, get some online consults -- there are quite a few very good docs, so instead of listing them all, I'll just mention the ones that I happened to seriously consider: Feller (obv haha), H&W, Shapiro.....Alexander, Rahal...best of luck, just keep researchng don't commit to anything until you've at the very least given consideration and had consults with at least one of the aforementioned, imo.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Guest josh - b

Thinair,

Welcome.

Sorry to hear about you experience with dr kiely. The little bit i've seen and heard about him suggests he is to be avoided at all costs.

Unfortunately the clinic you are now considering,dhi, have as equally a bad reputation.

There is a regular poster here called chucky who will testify to their 'work'.

There are many quality physicians who can help u. Keep researching here and you'll find the one that is right for you.

Hey Thinair

I almost went with DHI, infact I had paid my money and flew to Greece ready to go. But as soon as I walked into their ``clinic`` (very third world to say the least) and spoke with Lorraine, I knew I did NOT want them going anywhere near me. They were lying and it was so obvious that they were. I eventually ended up going to Dr. Rahal. Amazing experience even though I had to fly from Spain for the pleasure. Do not let distance be a factor on choice of clinic. Make sure you do your research. Good Luck.

thinair and guyfree,

i too have only read about a few decent results from dhi but the bad outweigh the good.have the pair of you given any thought to the farjo clinic based in manchester?i have had two surgeries with them as well as a couple of other posters on here and we are over the moon with our results.also they are coalition members recognised on this site.

take a look at our weblogs if you get a minute.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Hi guys

From my own research before my own hair surgery I found that dhi have a pretty poor reputation online , whether it was dublin or greece .

I found the most consistant and outstanding results were found with surgeries in north America and Canada with clinics like Hasson and Wong , Shiparo medical , and Feller Medical and Dr Rahal ,I had consults with Hasson and Wong ,Dr Feller and Dr Rahal and in the UK Farjo medical .

Please research as much as you can ,i hope that helps and good luck .

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Hi Thinair

Have a look at this link which is similar to your story except that ultrazone never had surgery with Dr Kiely and has not reported back.

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/746...861/m/8641019553/p/1

Quote;::::

Dr kiely rang me after 3 months to ask about engaging in a second procedure...not likely my butcher friend.

:::::::::::::::::::

This is an extemely short period of time to offer another HT as you most probably wont have start growing from your first HT icon_confused.gif

What size session did you have with Dr Kiely and what norwood are you.Do you have any pictures to share with us.

Why did you go for a consult in London and offered surgery in Greece when they have an office in Ireland who do surgery.Have a look at Petesman he has been to their Irish office for a HT.

Personally i would go no where near them as i had a very poor result from them.You can search on here for fue results and see there are imo better doctors to go to for fue with proven grown out results.DHI are very expensive as well charging per hair and not per graft.

Do plenty of research and dont let distance be an issue as you dont want to make another poor choice.

Hope this helps.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

Originally posted by guyfree77:

hi lads,

i m looking for ur advice

i m going to "dhi ailesbury road dublin" on this saturday for free consultation what do u guys think about them any good

or any other good knifes in ireland

please help me

hear from u soon

Hi Guyfree

Read this link and make sure its a doctor who advises on what you need

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/146...161083563#3161083563

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

• 1 month later...

Dear Thinair,

It's a pity you feel you had such a bad experience with Dr Kiely.

My own transplant with Conor Kiely, along with several aquaintances of mine who went, couldn't have been more different. A TOTAL SUCCESS. I had my first procedure done 4 years ago (how long ago was yours by the way?). My balding head is transformed. I have REAL hair growing back and I am very impressed with Dr Conor Kiely and the results he achieved.

I think you can tell he's a pro - by the way he deals with patients from start to finish. PLEASE DO NOT GO NEAR DHI - they don't let you see the doc doing the op 'til the day of your procedure and they claim 'no touch' - RUBBISH. It's FUE in disguise. Your head will be punched full of individual holes rather than a strip being taken out. The follicles have a far greater chance of dying by FUE - trust me my friend - I know! I went to DR Kiely after a very poor result from FUE done in Greece and I PROMISE you Dr Kiely transformed my head - my life maybe.

To the guy who posted the message I'm replying to - Let me ask you a queation: Are you a young guy with very high expectations of the procedure? Did you expect a full head of hair overnight. Hey buddy - surgery IS painful, there ALWAYS WILL be swelling - EVERYONE reacts DIFFERENTLY to surgery.

The guys I know who have been to Conor Kiley for a transplant have been really happy - two were doctors themselves. One guy has had his entire hairline restored - ho looks 20 years younger! This Kiely guy is amazing.

Readers - this is all true - don't think that DHI will have the answer - they don't. Between them and the place a Dr Collins has in Dublin I found Conor Kiely to be the best - AND HE DOESN't RIP YOU OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Hair to all,

James - 42 with a full head of healthy brown hair

Originally posted by Thinair:

Hi there,

To my regret, I hsd a hair transplant with Dr. Conor Kiely in cork a few years back with very poor results. he was not a pleasant person to deal with and gave the impression that he was the only show in town.

The strip tech meth,od that he used left me in considerable pain for a number of weeks on the scar line, with obvious ""cobbelstoneing on my scalp.This was obvious for again about twelve weeks post op, and pretty noticable and embarassing.

He assured me that I would be able to return to work the following day.and that the procedure would not be duly noticeable.All lies. My face was swollen badly, while not initally, but two days after the procedure I looked like the elephant man and was in severe pain.The swelling eventually went down after about another five days.

Basically I have a great fear of a repeat poor procedure and result costing a lot of money.

Another strip procedure fills me with dread, hence my question - I have seen the DHI min invasive tech and it seems to give a result without the same trauma to the scalp. I am wondering is it a good tried and tested tech.

i went for a consultation to their offices in harley street in London and the lady I spoke to seemed professional and trustworthy.

By the info I was given the most cost effective way was to undergo surgery in Greece.

I was going to do this until I saw a few poor patient reviews on this web page saying they and the tech are rubbish, and have got very nervous

Are they any good , is the tech any good, and are people happy with the procedure or are they just preying on people looking for a miracle cure...?

My major concern is good reslts for money spent , and rapid recovery time,as I am paranoid about people knowing I had a hair transplant and wish to get it done while on holiday and return to work with no major scaring and trauma to my scalp.

My donor area is excellent, but I dont want to waste it if their recovery rate is poor

Good or bad?????

Thanks for your help.

( also started propecia a year and a half ago and it has saved my social life and restored my confidence.. and stopped the " double take " of friends eyeing your balding pate. Has halted piss taking as well .. only sorry I did not start takilg it eigth years ago. Would have saved a lot of heartache ...!)

Go to Dr Conor Kiely in Cork - trust me he is really good. DHI will rip you off and give you a head full of little incisions. They claim 'no touch' - a load of bull! My transplant with Conor Kiely is a really great success - my friends have been - they are delighted too. Dr Conor Kiely will see you for a consultation himself - a llot of clinics get sales reps to see you - hardly good clinical practice.

Best of luck,

James

Originally posted by chucky:
Originally posted by guyfree77:

hi lads,

i m looking for ur advice

i m going to "dhi ailesbury road dublin" on this saturday for free consultation what do u guys think about them any good

or any other good knifes in ireland

please help me

hear from u soon

Hi Guyfree

Read this link and make sure its a doctor who advises on what you need

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/146...161083563#3161083563

Hey Josh,

Don't believe all you hear. Dr Kiely did my surgery and others i know. Professional to a T, did a very in depth consultation with me and the results I got were amazing. But then - I'm a grown up - and I believe my expectations were realistic.

Good luck,

James

Originally posted by josh - b:

Thinair,

Welcome.

Sorry to hear about you experience with dr kiely. The little bit i've seen and heard about him suggests he is to be avoided at all costs.

Unfortunately the clinic you are now considering,dhi, have as equally a bad reputation.

There is a regular poster here called chucky who will testify to their 'work'.

There are many quality physicians who can help u. Keep researching here and you'll find the one that is right for you.

coolwerx

behave guy , did you even read the firts post?

the guy said he had poor results with doc kiely

If a motor garage messed up your car , then over charged you , would you go back ?

This poster screams shill

see ya

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Wex, nobody is going to be buying your shilling here......so blatent.... icon_rolleyes.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Hi balody,

I noticed your coalition members comment with interest. Does that mean that they have paid someone to include them as 'approved' or something. I'm a journalist and will reserach further anyway. But if it is a 'paid' approval for inclusion it's hardly partisan , - is it?

Conor Kiely did my surgery and I'm very, very happy with my results. He also saw me for a full consult before my procedure - I don't think all clinics do this - do they? Aren't sales reps involved?

I'd be glad to hear more from you.

James

Originally posted by balody:

thinair and guyfree,

i too have only read about a few decent results from dhi but the bad outweigh the good.have the pair of you given any thought to the farjo clinic based in manchester?i have had two surgeries with them as well as a couple of other posters on here and we are over the moon with our results.also they are coalition members recognised on this site.

take a look at our weblogs if you get a minute.

hey coolwerx

if your for real post your pics , I'm a big enough guy to apologise if i'm mistaken

But until you prove your not a shill nobody will believe anything you say

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

James (coolwex),

I find your post very disturbing especially after the fact that you just reported another post by forum member "Thinair" who posted the same thing on this thread.

If you are truly a legitmately satisfied patient, I am glad to hear it. Howevever, why would someone who is only a satisfied patient report such a post with the following message:

"This is a serious and illegal representation of Dr Kiely and his practice. He is a highly skilled and respected doctor and some patients do not have realistic expectations of what results can be achived. Legal action may follow as Dr Kiely's reutaion is being attacked in a libelous manner."

I agree that some patients do not have realistic expectations, yet ironically, you claim to now have a "full head of hair". Perhaps you are helping to set this false precedent. icon_wink.gif

But this public discussion forum is open for patients to share legitimate hair transplant experiences good or bad and critique physicians. This community will not be threatened or bullied into removing patient posted experiences just because they are dissatisfied.

If you are a satisfied patient, I encourage you to start your own thread and share your experience and before, immediately postoperative, and after photos.

You are also certainly welcome here to defend the credibilty of your physician, but if you work for him, I expect you to state this in your signature as per our terms of service.

Interestingly enough, I have Dr. Kiely on my list of physicians who are potentially performing quality follicular unit hair transplantation and have been meaning to contact him to learn more about his practice. Patient posted experiences (good or bad) are also part of this evaluation process.

But I don't understand the high level of contrast between your private threat and your public rave.

Regards,

Bill

I wouldn't make a decision based on what these folks who just registered today are saying, especially since you've already been there before.

Hang around here for about a month or two before making any decisions and I'll bet you'll learn a ton. And, check out other parts of this site, such as the Weblogs, Find a Surgeon, Photos, Hairloss Q&A. And, check out the live chats on every other Wednesday.

There you can cut through all the riff raff b.s. and get some solid information.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

To coin a phrase 'keep your hair on'. I'm upset to read the very damaging posts re Dr Kiely - it's a bit unfair and to my mind what's on your site reads as a bit of a set up against him. I'm a contented client - that's it! OK?. I am not going to be bullied either - and what do you mean by ' the covert behaviour you would expect etc etc........'. You're a tad aggressive in your response - don't you think?

Didn't intend to upset anyone but I am as entitled as anyone to express my experience.

And I repeat it was a VERY Positive experience.

I don't feel your site is about inclusion and fairness so I'm staying off in future!

Originally posted by Bill:

James (coolwex),

I find your post very disturbing especially after the fact that you just reported another post by forum member "Thinair" who posted the same thing on this thread.

If you are truly a legitmately satisfied patient, I am glad to hear it. Howevever, why would someone who is only a satisfied patient report such a post with the following message:

"This is a serious and illegal representation of Dr Kiely and his practice. He is a highly skilled and respected doctor and some patients do not have realistic expectations of what results can be achived. Legal action may follow as Dr Kiely's reutaion is being attacked in a libelous manner."

I agree that some patients do not have realistic expectations, yet ironically, you claim to now have a "full head of hair". Perhaps you are helping to set this false precedent. icon_wink.gif

But this public discussion forum is open for patients to share legitimate hair transplant experiences good or bad and critique physicians. This community will not be threatened or bullied into removing patient posted experiences just because they are dissatisfied.

If you are a satisfied patient, I encourage you to start your own thread and share your experience and before, immediately postoperative, and after photos.

You are also certainly welcome here to defend the credibilty of your physician, but if you work for him, I expect you to state this in your signature as per our terms of service.

Interestingly enough, I have Dr. Kiely on my list of physicians who are potentially performing quality follicular unit hair transplantation and have been meaning to contact him to learn more about his practice. Patient posted experiences (good or bad) are also part of this evaluation process.

But I don't understand the high level of contrast between your private threat and your public rave.

Regards,

Bill

Jimmycoolwhatever

Just post your pics and prove us all wrong

I race in northern ireland and love the place dearly , don't taint it with your blatent shilling

pics big guy ?

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

James (Coolwex),

I'm confused.

Why exactly do you think it's unfair for another forum member sharing their opinion and their less than satisfying experience?

You claim my post was aggressive, but what about your PRIVATE threat that "legal action may follow"? You DO remember sending this don't you?

All patients are entitled to post their experience good or bad and regardless of whether or not a physician is recommended here or not.

I truly am happy for you if you are just a satisfied patient. But threatening our community with legal action privately while claiming to be a happy patient publicly seems a bit uncanny.

However, if in fact you are a happy patient, I'd personally be quite happy to see your before/after pictures as it gives members considering him for surgery an idea of what his work is like.

Best wishes,

Bill

Guest josh - b
Originally posted by coolwex:

Hey Josh,

Don't believe all you hear.

You are absolutely right. And i'm going to start by not believing a word you said icon_wink.gif

Hi Thinair,

I have just read an account of your experience with Dr Conor Kiely. I have to tell you that my experience could not be more different. Since receiving treatment from Dr Kiely, my self confidence has been restored and he has given me back a wonderful head of hair. I found him to be dedicated and caring and he is certainly a man I would recommend to anyone who is experiencing hair loss. I have already spoken to would be clients of Mr Kiely at my own instigation. It is my way of saying thanks to someone who has done more for my confidence and appearance than I could have ever hoped for. I found some of the references in your letter to be outrageous. One can be critical without resorting to such language. I wish you well. Again, I can wholeheartedly recommend Dr Conor Kiely.

Originally posted by Thinair:

Hi there,

Good or bad?????

Thanks for your help.

hey billy boy

one post out of nowhere , and your real happy , but you still surf hair loss forums hahahahahhaaha

real see through my shill friend , real see through hahahahahhaah

Got any pics to share with us ? hahahahhhha

your havin' a tin bath hahahahahaha

good day

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007