Question for minoxidil vets or doctors

vocor1

I just started on minoxidil 5%.

I want to use it on my thinning crown. I religiously apply 1 ml of the stuff on my scalp, trying to focus on the crown.

Problem is, this stuff leaks all over the place on my head. It always leaks past my hairline onto my skin.

The question is: Can I use less minoxidil on the crown without compromising the drug's effectiveness?

Anyone with an opinion and experience, I would appreciate a response.

Again, I like to cut the dosage so the stuff doesn't leak all over my head. Maybe I should just dry up the excess as it migrates away from my crown. Does that sound okay?

Thanks for the replies.

vocor1

I just started on minoxidil 5%.

I want to use it on my thinning crown. I religiously apply 1 ml of the stuff on my scalp, trying to focus on the crown.

Problem is, this stuff leaks all over the place on my head. It always leaks past my hairline onto my skin.

The question is: Can I use less minoxidil on the crown without compromising the drug's effectiveness?

Anyone with an opinion and experience, I would appreciate a response.

Again, I like to cut the dosage so the stuff doesn't leak all over my head. Maybe I should just dry up the excess as it migrates away from my crown. Does that sound okay?

Thanks for the replies.

vocor1

I'm back on the minox as well, and I just squeeze a few drops (at the most) at a time onto a certain part of my head and then rub the liquid around to distribute it with my finger. Then move on to the next spot.

It sounds like maybe you're squeezing the whole dripper-full amount at once?

Try spreading it out and "catching" the drops with your finger (which allows for a better coverage anyway by spreading/rubbing it in).

I guess it is 1 ml for the entire scalp. I was applying it all at once with the dropper. The sprayer seems to have less leaking, but it is more apt to get on my hair. The minox that I have makes the hair shiny and wet-looking. I think the dropper is probably better for applying the minox to the scalp. I'll just use less. I really only want it on my crown. It isn't important to me to spread it all over the place. I want crown regrowth. Propecia helped so much, but the top part of the crown is still thin. We'll see. I'll stick with it for at least 2-4 months.